Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rangers ALCS Game 1 Thread Oct. 8

Already know that Avila is completely DONE at the plate for the postseason, might as well put a Tigers pitcher in to PH for him in his last AB, as well as for, or instead of fucking Betemit.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]The three at bats in order of terribleness

1. Magglio's
2. Martinez
3. Alex. (he should have taken another pitch)
Agree 100%

The really good news is that Welke will be HPU in Game 7 if there is one. Fan-facking-tastic.

Turok said:
Already know that Avila is completely DONE at the plate for the postseason, might as well put a Tigers pitcher in to PH for him in his last AB, as well as for, or instead of fucking Betemit.

Benemit has got to be the biggest hacker i've ever seen. Send his ass back to KC

Correct Victor's AB was horrible in that situation I agree. I think after hearing Leyland say in the press conference that he told to Avila to be patient with Gonzalez because he can be erratic at times is exactly why I am so hard on that AB. Mike missed badly on the 1st pitch and the 2nd is WAY high and inside and he just chops it to 2nd.

Turok said:

You get a note from his Doctor that says he wont hit anymore?

Cabrera has not been good this postseason, are you ready to pull him for a pitcher?

Talk about a knee-jerk reaction.

Why is Dirks on the post season roster? they aren't using him i'd rather see Dirks in Center right now than Jackson, can't be any worse.

pr0tege said:
Correct Victor's AB was horrible in that situation I agree. I think after hearing Leyland say in the press conference that he told to Avila to be patient with Gonzalez because he can be erratic at times is exactly why I am so hard on that AB. Mike missed badly on the 1st pitch and the 2nd is WAY high and inside and he just chops it to 2nd.

You forget that with 2 outs Avila also has to take a poke at anything that looks good, you can't sit waiting for him to walk you when only a base hit does anything productive.

The Avila AB was not any worse than any other AB this game, just a bad situation.

Like I said before, Vmart is the guy we needed to come through with less then 2 outs and 2 runners in scoring position.

TigerMud said:
Why is Dirks on the post season roster? they aren't using him i'd rather see Dirks in Center right now than Jackson, can't be any worse.

I second that. Jackson has been sorry and he hasn't done anything in the field either.

TigerMud said:

Are you high?

TigerMud said:
Dirks provides the bongs, so the lineup can continually hack at garbage and make quick outs..

MI_Thumb said:
Turok said:

You get a note from his Doctor that says he wont hit anymore?

Cabrera has not been good this postseason, are you ready to pull him for a pitcher?

Talk about a knee-jerk reaction.

How is noting that his hitting sub-.100 postseason so far, a knee-jerk reaction? It was pure sarcasm.

Don't need a note from his or any "doctor" for what I can plainly see with my own eyes that have watched baseball for ~45 years.

bdtay71 said:
TigerMud said:

I second that. Jackson has been sorry and he hasn't done anything in the field either.

Seriously, you guys want Andy Dirks who is not much of a hitter either, and not even close to Ajax on defense.

You're letting a rare error cloud your judgements.

MI_Thumb said:
pr0tege said:

You forget that with 2 outs Avila also has to take a poke at anything that looks good, you can't sit waiting for him to walk you when only a base hit does anything productive.

After hearing what Jim said to be patient and already with ball one after the rain delay there is no reason as a hitter not to take another pitch... So in a sense it is a bad at bat... You never know you may just get a walk if you work it and try to be selective...

The Avila AB was not any worse than any other AB this game, just a bad situation.

Like I said before, Vmart is the guy we needed to come through with less then 2 outs and 2 runners in scoring position.

MI_Thumb said:
bdtay71 said:

Seriously, you guys want Andy Dirks who is not much of a hitter either, and not even close to Ajax on defense.

Dirks should get a shot over Raburn or Maggs.. For one game atleast..

tigers99888 said:
MI_Thumb said:

That at least makes sense.

Dirks for Ajax is the kind of thinking that comes from licking toads.

tigers99888 said:
MI_Thumb said:

Not against a lefty ... No he shouldn't..

It would be nice if Leyland would blast the umpires like La Russa did after one of the cards/phils game in his presser... It was pretty one-sided tonight.

pr0tege said:

I think Avila was waiting for a pitch for the inner half of the plate to hit rather than get to chasing one his slider low and away, the pitch was up a little too much but he swung anyway.
just an overall frustraing game from the first inning on. When you leave the bases loaded like that on the road....

Back