Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rangers ALCS Game 5 Thread Oct. 13

MI_Thumb said:
mikem2780 said:
Yeah, that would certainly improve the defense ::). Weaken 2 spots on defense to strengthen one. Winning strategy if I've ever heard of one.

Let me point our your sarcasm fail.

Verlander is a FLYBALL pitcher, LF counts for about 3x as much as any IF position.

Victor is not a downgrade at 1st, he's probably as good as Miggy.

And if we manage to beat Texas Miggy is going to be our 3rd baseman 4 games if the Brewers win, and 3 if the Cardinals.

So it's not as big a deal as you think to put him at 3rd.

No he isn't, I don't want Mart playing first. And flyball pitcher or not, Miggy at 3rd is a horrible idea. In the WS you do it because no other choice maybe but not now. He'll be brutal.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
[quote="MI_Thumb":m0mr1w3s]

Let me point our your sarcasm fail.

Verlander is a FLYBALL pitcher, LF counts for about 3x as much as any IF position.

Victor is not a downgrade at 1st, he's probably as good as Miggy.

And if we manage to beat Texas Miggy is going to be our 3rd baseman 4 games if the Brewers win, and 3 if the Cardinals.

So it's not as big a deal as you think to put him at 3rd.

No he isn't, I don't want Mart playing first. And flyball pitcher or not, Miggy at 3rd is a horrible idea. In the WS you do it because no other choice maybe but not now. He'll be brutal. [/quote:m0mr1w3s]

Miggy at 3b would be the baseball equivalent of the Hindenburg...oh the humanity!

For Cabrera to even consider a move to 3B, he needs to weigh 230 max.

Today they shall win simply becuase I'm not going to watch it. Then they lose back in Texas offense really chocked when needed most. Must get some bats in the off season that know how to work a count once in a while and cut down on the K's

We have 4 guys that k at an astromical rate. Two 3B in Betemit and Inge, and two OF in Raburn and Jackson. Way fkn too much. I'm wondering if JL mves aj down to 9 next season? I'd like to replace Raburn and our 3B with defense and much less striking out.

I might keep this whole game on mute with these two POS announcers on this horrible national fox sports.

I really can't help myself, I am starting to get excited again and am trying to convince myself why the Tigers might actually have a shot of coming back. It all starts here, need a big day from JV.

Here we go good-luck everyone..... New shirt.....magically comeback time....
Go Tigers!!!!!

Maybe it's bobs fault with his bats, hats, shirts and other type of good luck charms. Lol. Just kidding bob. I hope you pick right tonight.

IMO the Tiger pitchers pay too much attention to base runners. Keep them close, but throwing over there several times is counterproductive IMO.

Back