Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rangers ALCS Game 5 Thread Oct. 13

johnny2x2x said:
IMO the Tiger pitchers pay too much attention to base runners. Keep them close, but throwing over there several times is counterproductive IMO.

No kidding it may have cost the game last night..You are right..

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]God can JV ever have a early clean inning anymore?

You busting on your 24 game Winning CY Young?

1 run might be too much to overcome today. better luck next year
laugh.png

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
[quote="biggunsbob":v5bq9hl0]God can JV ever have a early clean inning anymore?

You busting on your 24 game Winning CY Young?[/quote:v5bq9hl0]

I LOVE HIM but wonder if he is tired... Not as sharp the last few starts in the season... You can see that right..

Well, that isn't the start I was looking for. Didn't think the pitch to Kinsler was terrible but he smashed it anyways, sometimes that's just the way it is. We may need to count on the bats afterall. Hope they finally bring them.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
[quote="Mitch":p8vurswp]

You busting on your 24 game Winning CY Young?

I LOVE HIM but wonder if he is tired... Not as sharp the last few starts in the season... You can see that right..[/quote:p8vurswp]

I don't think he's tired. Maybe not as sharp but Texas is good hitting club. If we lose the series I certainly won't blame the pitching.

Someone explain to me again why we cant drop maggs and guillen from the payroll and replace them with paying Jose Reyes 20+ mil to lead off???

With our offense in the postseason a one run deficit is like three runs.

Jaxson typically leads off with his K du jour

Well, a listless 1st inning for us, this team might be gutted from last nights debacle.

mhughes0021 said:
Someone explain to me again why we cant drop maggs and guillen from the payroll and replace them with paying Jose Reyes 20+ mil to lead off???

Maybe we can. You might want to direct that question to DD or pizza man.

mhughes0021 said:

Because he only averages 97 games a season the last three years... So if you want to spend 20 million on a part time player go right ahead... The cat cannot stay healthy...20 million can help other areas of the club...

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
mhughes0021 said:

Because he only averages 97 games a season the last three years... So if you want to spend 20 million on a part time player go right ahead... The cat cannot stay healthy...20 million can help other areas of the club...

Plus, other players are due for raises.

Time to Dial it up hitters... i just ate some Sloppy Joe's so please start banging this sloppy pitcher named Wilson. Flip,zip,bang..... 4 spot!!!!!

Back