Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rangers ALCS Game Thread 2 Oct 10

smayschmouthfootball said:
Van Over's strike zone is the size of Texas.

He's been consistent with that call so far, he's giving them the outside strike and not the inside. It's been fair at least.

I think that bouncer hit a scuffed up spot by 1st base and caused just a tiny bit of a bad hop

Tigers 5th inning,

Cabrera takes sinker low, cutter fouled back, sinker fouled back, sinker low, fastball inside, Miggy calls time, off the corner and whenever it's a key situation expect the Tigers to get fucked,

Martinez low strike, fastball inside, grounder to first and he pulls a buckner E1 and Victor on first,

Raburn first pitch pops to short,

Peralta grounds to third force at second,

Tigers lead 3 - 2.

But Miguel needs to swing if the umpire is calling them that far off the plate..

smitdog67 said:
smayschmouthfootball said:
Van Over's strike zone is the size of Texas.

He's been consistent with that call so far, he's giving them the outside strike and not the inside. It's been fair at least.

Actually, you are right, it is a good zone and pitch 6 on Cabrera was good according to pitch f/x.

I know this has been said a few times, but I really like Francona up in the booth. He knows baseball, which most of these other idiots don't, and he isn't afraid to say what he thinks.

Every pitch should be on that outside corner if he's going to give that call all game long.

So far I have to agree he has been consistent. Both Tigers and Rangers have been called out on those outside ones.

jmakula87 said:
I know this has been said a few times, but I really like Francona up in the booth. He knows baseball, which most of these other idiots don't, and he isn't afraid to say what he thinks.

yeah and I like he said he didn't agree with fox strike zone, good man.

Back