Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rangers ALCS Game Thread 2 Oct 10

Tigers 10th inning,

Raburn walks,

Peralta 1 and 0 chases just off the corner, and now Jhonny drops a bunt down first for a sacrifice and Raburn gets to second,

Avila drives it to left center and f'n murphy gets it Raburn back to second,

Dirks swings andmisses ball one, grounder to short,

F.

Damn this is pissing me off. WTF, now Valverde out again in a non save situation.

Well Dirks can at least get the bat on the ball with stuff over 94, put him in Center for the rest of the series.

smitdog67 said:
1-12 with RISP tonight, I'm out of words to describe that

Absolute bullshit, you would have thought they would have a little momentum after the bottom of the 9th, now you just give it back to the rangers.

TigerMud said:
Well Dirks can at least get the bat on the ball with stuff over 94, put him in Center for the rest of the series.

Might not be a bad idea.

bdtay71 said:
Do you think Ranger's fans are bitching about how their team can't hit? We've been awful but they've not been much better.

Tigers 1 for 12 risp and 12 lob,

rangers 1 for 11 risp and 6 lob.

TigerMud said:

Helllifino suggested that, I disagreed, but I've come around. Jackson is an auto-out the likes of Hank Aguirre.

smayschmouthfootball said:
TigerMud said:

Helllifino suggested that, I disagreed, but I've come around. Jackson is an auto-out the likes of Hank Aguirre.

he's got no confidence at the plate and he's playing tight in the OF that's not going to help win games.

Cripes the Rangers are like the Reds of the mid 70s. Just not any weak hitters there.

TigerMud said:

he's got no confidence at the plate and he's playing tight in the OF that's not going to help win games.

And he has the all plate discipline of Ron Leflore.

Cripes the Rangers are like the Reds of the mid 70s. Just not any weak hitters there.

That's why I didn't understand people claiming they were weak coming into the series

mikem2780 said:

That's why I didn't understand people claiming they were weak coming into the series

Fans aren't always very objective. ;)

Don't know who would give the Rangers the shorts for their batting prowess.

Back