Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. whitesox Game Thread May 15

Im flicking between the game and Kindergarten cop and every time I switch to the game something bad happens. Ugh, makes it real hard to watch

I will not give Lamont the benefit of the doubt when a runner gets thrown out by the distance between Detroit and chicago

i just saw the replay...why the fuck did lamont send him??? the relay guy basically already had the ball by the time he rounded third!?!?!?!??!

goddamnit.

Might have something to do with stranding 50 men on base over the last 3 series.

Not watching, but following the box score on my phone, I'm assuming Cabrera got thrown out at home by a mile and Lamont still is the worst 3rd base coach in MLB history, am I right?

adam dung and konerko fouling off alot of pitches, brown eye Max already over 20 pitches first inning.

and that will likely be all the runs peavy needs. good thing i have to go to work now so i dont have to suffer through this clown show any more.

Only the Tigers could have 3 out of first 4 batters get on base then have the 5th batter hit in the next inning.

It's reached the point where I don't too get upset when they lose and you know why? Because the Tigers deserve to lose, they deserved to lose that game last night and so far today they deserve to lose this game as well. we've been screaming about Gene Lamont for too long and he cost us a great scoring chance, now we might have done nothing with it, but it was another gaff that losing teams make.

It's reached the point where I don't too get upset when they lose and you know why? Because the Tigers deserve to lose, they deserved to lose that game last night and so far today they deserve to lose this game as well. we've been screaming about Gene Lamont for too long and he cost us a great scoring chance, now we might have done nothing with it, but it was another gaff that losing teams make.

Same here, I just expect it now, after today we'll be 3 back and in 3rd place with home set against the worst team in baseball right now coming up. The last time we faced the worst team in baseball at the time, they kicked our ass 6 ways to Sunday. I'll expect more of the same. We have a decent starting pitching staff most of the time then after that pretty much nothing to get excited about. Bad manager, bad coaches, under preforming free swinging hitters, slow on the base paths, ave at best D, payroll way to high for the return.

Max with 52 pitches after 2 innings,
also scout says Max has a .150 batting average against in the first 45 pitches, after that it jumps to .469, holy geez.

Coming into todays game, Jake Peavy had 4th-least pitches in AL per inning pitched (14.2).
Max Scherzer had 3rd-most (18.6).

Last edited:
I see the Indians are cruising at Minnesota.. The twins will probably wake up when they get to Detroit to take 2 out of 2..

Last edited:
Nice waste of a triple by Jackson... So reading the thread I see Lamont is at it again sending runners..

Back