Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. whitesox Game Thread September 4

Tigers 5th inning,

Jackson strikes out swinging,

Magglio first pitch ground single to left and Santiago is the pinch runner for Maggs,

Young fastball strike call, fly to deep right in the warning track,

Cabrera fastball outside, changeup low, fastball fouled back, fastball off the corner strike call, swings and misses a slider,

Tigers lead 9 - 0.

kingofdetroit57 said:
These clowns are talking out of their asses right now.

Yeah they have to in a rout like this, it's three towers of babble, although I don't usually mind hershiser or the other guy shulman.

tigers99888 said:
So just curious.. If the Tigers make the playoffs, what team would you least like to see? I'm going with the Bosox due to their mashing lefty lineup..

Yankees and hope the Rangers can take down the Sox.

Right now our goal should be to finish ahead of the Rangers (1.5 GB I think) so we can have home field advantage.

Very good start overall.. The thing is this.. If he's to be our number 2 or even 3.. He has to go 7 innings more often.. He really needs to start pitching to contact more.. Too many long counts that drive him out of games early..

Scherzer 6th inning, Santiago at second, Raburn moves to right for Magglio,

beckham singles to shallow center,

pierre flys to Jackson,

popgunramirez fly to left center for a double by the crumb second and third,

konerko long at bat fouling off pitches, pops it up on a rising fastball,

FFpierzynski ground ball to Peralta,

Scherzer with 106 pitches and probably done for the night,

Tigers lead 9 - 0.

tigers99888 said:
Popout, but you would hope Max can make 7 IP starts more consistently..

Well 6 innings of 0 runs, is better then 7 of 2 or 3 runs.

We have extra bullpen arms now anyways.

Way to go Max... Bury these Sox.... Heck we have been crushing them so bad this weekend I even forgot to take my White Sock's off for the game... I need to regroup for the Indians series...

Man oh man this is a laugher.. Someone get Brad Thomas and Enrique Gonzalez to pitch the rest of the game and I still think we are safe LOL!!

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Long fkn game.

And the Cleveland series starts off with a day game tomorrow? that's a crock. might wanna let some of these guys leave early and ensure they get a good nights rest.

Back