Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. yankees ALCS Game Thread 3 Oct. 16

You'll all hate me, but I'd like to see Justin take 8 innings (9 if he gets out quickly), and Valverde get in this one time. Any baserunner before 2 outs and he gets yanked.

they should defintely have a rod pitch and maybe he'll get hurt jose canseco style...they then could claim some of his salary on insurance.

brillliant.

If he gets through 8IP under 115 you have to imagine Leyland will at least give him a chance to close it out.

That's why I said ARod should pitch...make him earn his 30 million.

Well the Yankee PC was on the BP phone last inning, I'm just wondering who's coming out for the 8th, Joba is still iffy right? And I'm sure he does not wanna go Robertson/Soriano on the road in the 8th/9th unless he has the lead.

You'll all hate me, but I'd like to see Justin take 8 innings (9 if he gets out quickly), and Valverde get in this one time. Any baserunner before 2 outs and he gets yanked.

But that won't happen. You'll probably do more damage to his confidence if you immediately yank him for giving up one base runner. JV is going 9 tonight. No chance Leyland takes him out and no chance JV lets him.

too much pressure imo.

if he blew this game he may not make it out of detroit alive. Literally.

I'd rather see him in a pressure-less situation. I can;t imagine how brutal the crowd would be if he did not go 1-2-3.

Well 115 through 8 so I believe Leyland will at least give him a shot to close this out.

Verlander pitching 8th inning,

martin fastball on the corner strike called a ball, fastball fouled back, fastball high, curve inside corner strike call, fastball low full count, grounder to Miggy stops it picks it up and throws a bullet to Fielder,

chavez fastball fouled back, curve is there and another batter this asshole wants to gove a 4 strike at bat, ball, fly to center and Jackson has it,

granderson fastball outside, changeup strike call, fastball fouled back, popped up to shallow left and Jhonny runs it down,

Verlander with 115 pitches,

Tigers lead 2 - 0.

Whats the record for consecutive scoreless innings in a single post season by a single pitcher?

JV has to be close?

EDIT: Christy Mathewson with 27 consecutive ion a single post season.

Last edited:
yankees catcher martin being looked at in the dugout in alot of pain.

Justin Verlander just tied a Tigers single-postseason record with his 23rd consecutive scoreless inning (Kenny Rogers, 2006).

The only good part about the debates (which I didn't watch tonight) is the interviews with the undecided voter panels afterwards. Pure comedy from these idiots. You get nuggets like...I'm not going to vote for him because he looked angry....I like that he looked at the camera, it made me feel like he was speaking directly to me.

Whats the record for consecutive scoreless innings in a single post season by a single pitcher?

JV has to be close?

WikiAnswers (so take it how it is) says Rivera has the record with 33 1/3

Verlander will be around 24 after tonight if it holds

Last edited:
Back