Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. yankees ALCS Game Thread 3 Oct. 16

Tigers starters 29 1/3 consecutive shutout innings for Tigers starters, 37 2/3 without an earned run.

JV might have passed kenny Rogers for consecutive innings of shutout innings.

I know post season state do not count for any year end awards - but damn. How is this not the Cy Young?

The only good part about the debates (which I didn't watch tonight) is the interviews with the undecided voter panels afterwards. Pure comedy from these idiots. You get nuggets like...I'm not going to vote for him because he looked angry....I like that he looked at the camera, it made me feel like he was speaking directly to me.

'Merica

WikiAnswers (so take it how it is) says Rivera has the record with 33 1/3

Verlander will be around 24 after tonight if it holds

That's multiple seasons. It's Mathewson with 27.

"Christy Mathewson pitched 27 consecutive scoreless innings in a single post season as he threw 3 shutouts in the 1905 World Series."

Last edited:
The only good part about the debates (which I didn't watch tonight) is the interviews with the undecided voter panels afterwards. Pure comedy from these idiots. You get nuggets like...I'm not going to vote for him because he looked angry....I like that he looked at the camera, it made me feel like he was speaking directly to me.

no Joe Plumber this time so that's good.

I know post season state do not count for any year end awards - but damn. How is this not the Cy Young?

there was a lot of discussion about JV winning back to back...I stated it was going to be a close vote (prior to the postseason)...if they included this it would be a landslide win.

The crowd does seem rather subdued tonight, that's disappointing. expected better.

it is cold and rainy but still.. thought we were better than that.

there was a lot of discussion about JV winning back to back...I stated it was going to be a close vote (prior to the postseason)...if they included this it would be a landslide win.

I think the votes are cast before the playoffs right? Just not revealed until after.

The TBS show earlier one guy hinted that Cabrera was MVP, then said "well...maybe Trout won it" with a grin on his face.

I think the votes are cast before the playoffs right? Just not revealed until after.

The TBS show earlier one guy hinted that Cabrera was MVP, then said "well...maybe Trout won it" with a grin on his face.

yea..they turn in the votes prior to the postseason.

Yeah all votes are actually submitted before the playoff's begin on all awards.

Tigers hitting 8th inning,

Peralta slider strike call, slider low, fastball inside, slider low, sinking liner to left and gardner slides and gets it,

Avila fly to left,

pitching change joba pitching,

Infante fastball strike call, fastball low, fly to center,

Tigers lead 2 - 0.

I'm not even upset we didn't score again that inning.

I just wanted 6 consecutive outs.

Back