Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Van Noy can return to practice next week

Soooo if hes 100 % why the fuck did our GM put him on short term IR? We are now wasting his ability for another 6 weeks...for no reason. Its like mayhew doesn't want his picks to ever be successful. Its one thing to bring guys along slowly....but 6 weeks for an injury he cant really reinjure is ridiculous. Not to mention this is the same team playing our superstar WR on a bum ankle. Same ol lions.

Soooo if hes 100 % why the fuck did our GM put him on short term IR? We are now wasting his ability for another 6 weeks...for no reason. Its like mayhew doesn't want his picks to ever be successful. Its one thing to bring guys along slowly....but 6 weeks for an injury he cant really reinjure is ridiculous. Not to mention this is the same team playing our superstar WR on a bum ankle. Same ol lions.

Its 3 games, stop being a drama queen.

your math is awful....he was 100% healthy last week. go back to 3rd grade.

He just came off of surgery and was cleared to practice. Your dumb ass wants him to play him 2 days later. fucking moron.

Last edited:
Rookies don't always play. Rookies coming off injuries with no practice time almost never play. At least this way he can acclimate himself and be ready when his number is called. Or we could do what some of you want to and throw him out there with a week of health and not much practice .

Either way, healthy and not being able to even practice for damn near 3 weeks is fucking stupid.

He just came off of surgery and was cleared to practice. Your dumb ass wants him to play him 2 days later. fucking moron.

The way it sounds is that he's 100% healthy or was on 10.3.14. At least that's what the article indicated. If anything, they miss managed his injury timeline. Of course the article might be all bullshit..

The way it sounds is that he's 100% healthy or was on 10.3.14. At least that's what the article indicated. If anything, they miss managed his injury timeline. Of course the article might be all bullshit..

They didn't mis mange his timeline, they new they could get burned with a couple games of him being healthy but it was worth it for the roster spot and with all the injuries it was a smart move. He may be 100% but he hasn't done jack in 5 weeks, to play him right away would be stupid. there is a reason for training camp and preseason its to get into game shape, give him a week or 2 to get back into shape, so its 3 games he's missing.

your the board bitch, post after post nothing but the same.

This.

Oh, and how much would Van Noy help the NFL's #1 defense? They knew the injury would heal before his eligible return date.....but wanted the extra roster spot.

Fuck, you girls will complain about ANYTHING!

your the board bitch, post after post nothing but the same.

lets recap this thread shall we:

i make the point that it was probably pretty dumb to short term IR him when hes going to be healthy 6 weeks prior to when hes allowed to play per the rules. Most fans share this sentiment...

BUT NOT SCHLES!!! he goes as far to call me a drama queen which is actually pretty contradictory since he started all the drama on the thread.

i respond by simply pointing out he cant do simple math....cause his math was way off.

so the genius responds to that by stating he just came off surgery...which is false. And that i want him to play 2 days later....which is false. then proceeds to call MEEEE a fucking moron lmao. yet again being a little bitch and causing all the drama.

then he posts 2 more times to try to prove how 6 weeks really equals 3 weeks. cause 6 = 3. duh. that van noy has "done nothing" for 5 weeks when the article clearly states otherwise...again, actually reading what your trying to debate would be helpful.

Last edited:
They didn't mis mange his timeline, they new they could get burned with a couple games of him being healthy but it was worth it for the roster spot and with all the injuries it was a smart move. He may be 100% but he hasn't done jack in 5 weeks, to play him right away would be stupid. there is a reason for training camp and preseason its to get into game shape, give him a week or 2 to get back into shape, so its 3 games he's missing.

even if your argument was accurate....which its not....its the dumbest argument ever. 3 missed games is a big deal...this isn't fucking MLB.

This.

Oh, and how much would Van Noy help the NFL's #1 defense? They knew the injury would heal before his eligible return date.....but wanted the extra roster spot.

Fuck, you girls will complain about ANYTHING!

It was actually a conversation, my end anyway, before you came in. I think I would have went with several guys out for a week or two if we could get Noy back sooner. And if you don't agree, that's okay, but at least be open to the fact they could have made a mistake. Wouldn't be the first time..

Is it because it's 'hughes?

Last edited:
I just like the idea of not bringing back Tulloch next year b/c he will be so old and coming off a serious injury and have our LB's be

Van Noy/Whitehead/Levy

What a great core. If van noy plays well that is

lets recap this thread shall we:

i make the point that it was probably pretty dumb to short term IR him when hes going to be healthy 6 weeks prior to when hes allowed to play per the rules. Most fans share this sentiment...

BUT NOT SCHLES!!! he goes as far to call me a drama queen which is actually pretty contradictory since he started all the drama on the thread.

i respond by simply pointing out he cant do simple math....cause his math was way off.

so the genius responds to that by stating he just came off surgery...which is false. And that i want him to play 2 days later....which is false. then proceeds to call MEEEE a fucking moron lmao. yet again being a little bitch and causing all the drama.

then he posts 2 more times to try to prove how 6 weeks really equals 3 weeks. cause 6 = 3. duh. that van noy has "done nothing" for 5 weeks when the article clearly states otherwise...again, actually reading what your trying to debate would be helpful.

You make everything doom and gloom. You try to turn 3 games into 6 weeks, you think whitehead cost 2 draft picks. a rain drop lands on your head and you run around telling people the sky is falling, you are Stuart Little.

It was actually a conversation, my end anyway, before you came in. I think I would have went with several guys out for a week or two if we could get Noy back sooner. And if you don't agree, that's okay, but at least be open to the fact they could have made a mistake. Wouldn't be the first time..

Is it because it's 'hughes?

That's putting a player before the team. Would we like Noy for those 3 games? hell ya, but we have depth and LB. If we didn't have palmer and whitehead he wouldn't have been put on short term IR. With Tully getting hurt it changes things a bit because one of them goes down were screwed, but at the time there was no way to know we would lose tully.

Mayhew is horrible at taking medical advice. Remember keeping Jahvid Best on the roster despite even fantasy football GMs knowing he was never coming back? I have a feeling that if the doctor told Mayhew he had a cold, he'd try to amputate his own leg.

Mayhew is horrible at taking medical advice. Remember keeping Jahvid Best on the roster despite even fantasy football GMs knowing he was never coming back? I have a feeling that if the doctor told Mayhew he had a cold, he'd try to amputate his own leg.

I think they kept best on the roster so he would get 3 years accrued and be vested for medical like a vet.

Back