Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2021 Free Agency and Cap Cuts

Nice depth option who is more of a nickel backer. Doesn't really move the needle much as far as the draft is concerned as we still need two starting LB'ers, IMO.

Could be Will LB..coverage was good..he is oft injured though..still need 2 lbs agreed

I hear Washington Football team, always funny to me, is considering keeping it WFT.

They should consider:

RIDers (Republicans, Independents, Democrats)
Politicos or Politicians

Or better yet
Wasters (Have a $ for their logo on the helmets)
Dingleberries

Anzalone has dealt with injuries since going in 2017′s third round to New Orleans but has shown athletic flashes when on the field. He had 41 tackles while holding his own in coverage across 16 games, including nine starts last season. Pro Football Focus ranked him 34th among 99 eligible linebackers last season. Collins was Detroit’s top-ranked linebacker, for what it’s worth, ranking 28th on the list.

That was from an mlive article. Take PFF grade for what you will, but that makes me feel a little better about him potentially competing for one of the spots at LBer. I still think we need to come out of the draft with two capable LBers.

Anzalone is hot garbage.... that is all. I wouldn't even say quality depth. Cheap depth.

Anzalone is hot garbage.... that is all. I wouldn't even say quality depth. Cheap depth.

That is a little over the top. He had prominent role in one of the best defenses in the NFL last year. IMO he is a solid depth option. If he winds up starting because he earns it in camp I am okay with that, but they better bring in quality competition.

I would take Anzalone over Christian Jones 100 out of 100 times.

I would hope they're not counting on a big role from him....like 1811 said, doesn't move the needle much as far as needing starting talent from the LB unit.

That is a little over the top. He had prominent role in one of the best defenses in the NFL last year. IMO he is a solid depth option. If he winds up starting because he earns it in camp I am okay with that, but they better bring in quality competition.

We werent exactly setting the world on fire last year and i remember the middle being wide open the entire game. Literally every play that was made i remember seeing his stupid long hair like 5 yards away from the ball in no mans land.

Just covering air....with his stupid hair.

Signed Dr Seuss

You’re never happy about any move they make, gotta give the new staff a chance before we start to bitch and moan

Last edited:
You?re never happy about any move they make, gotta give the new staff a chance before we start to bitch and moan

Oh im sorry tiger....i must have missed your hot take on anzalone that would completely change my mind about him.

Last edited:
Hughes saw him in one game and he allowed a completion..so he sucks forever

Notice Goff now has 17th highest cap hit for qbs. Holmes smacks down hughes once again

Apparently we sign Damion Ratley. Whoever he may be.

Seems like your typical height weight speed guy similar to a Travis Fulgham or Corey Fuller. Dorsey drafted him in Cleveland I believe. Probably just training camp competition maybe sticks if we keep 6 WRs

Hughes saw him in one game and he allowed a completion..so he sucks forever

Notice Goff now has 17th highest cap hit for qbs. Holmes smacks down hughes once again

You know when you're a vet and you sign for 1 year 1.75 mil?... that's when you know you suck. He understands that... Im just agreeing with him.

I didn't even know you could sign a contract that low.... doesn't michigan have minimum wage laws?

Last edited:
You know when you're a vet and you sign for 1 year 1.75 mil?... that's when you know you suck. He understands that... Im just agreeing with him.

I didn't even know you could sign a contract that low.... doesn't michigan have minimum wage laws?

More the lower cap and his injury history. But thanks for not paying attention

Sanu, Chase Daniel and Daryl Roberts all get 1 year deals

Anyone on this team that had a cutable contract, should be gone! The goal should have been 11 new offensive starters and 11 on defense.

Back