Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2023 Off-Season Thread

Huge signing! So happy with what this team has done. BPA, it is. I'm too lazy to scroll up, but someone put Calijah Kancey as a 2nd round pick in their mock for us. No chance that guy lasts more than mid 20s.

Awesome! He's like will harris but good.

The draft can go on like a million directions at this point. Build for depth and future...

Absolutely. They could start the season right now and be better than last year.....especially defensively.

Take BPA. Will Anderson would be a massive get. I don't like Carter but cant deny the talent there. I would like to get a CB high.....I think Bijon would fit this offense like a glove and we can forget Swift and his "will he, won't he" health see saw.

I like the one year contract......as it seems like we had a lot of guys WANTING to come back after seeing what we're building.

Just a good FA period so far. Another W for the Holmes/Campbell regime.

Absolutely. They could start the season right now and be better than last year.....especially defensively.

Take BPA. Will Anderson would be a massive get. I don't like Carter but cant deny the talent there. I would like to get a CB high.....I think Bijon would fit this offense like a glove and we can forget Swift and his "will he, won't he" health see saw.

I like the one year contract......as it seems like we had a lot of guys WANTING to come back after seeing what we're building.

Impressed by what holmes did in FA. Only thing i would have done different was an upgrade over thor... but meh... can't win em all.

Last edited:

Maybe you just trade up for Will Anderson now?

Just rush 4 and stay in dime/nickel..
Hutch Comisky McNeil Anderson
Thor Rodrigo CJGJ
Okudah Joseph Walker Sutton

Last edited:
Gardner Johnson is a great addition. In the box, free or in the slot. Secondary complete overhaul while still being able to draft

Sutton, Moseley and CGJ are big splashes. Montgomery and Glasgow too

What were you saying 503? Also almost no rollover means the Lions fully used the cap. That is not cheap at all. And Lions didn't give up any draft picks for Goff.

CGJ is a clear Saints connection addition though too. Funny when we hate it with the Pats (Flowers, Collins, Amendola etc) but are ok with it when the Lions show some promise. Glad good players want to play for Dan Campbell.

Last edited:
Maybe you just trade up for Will Anderson now?

Just rush 4 and stay in dime/nickel..
Hutch Comisky McNeil Anderson
Thor Rodrigo CJGJ
Okudah Joseph Walker Sutton

That would be a great lineup. You got Romeo and Charles Harris and Paschal in case of injuries too. And James Houston was a sack machine from the SAM spot too.

Also maybe Moseley over Okudah if he continues to struggle. Contract year for Okudah so will be playing hard. Contract year for Moseley too though on 1 year. Same with CGJ.

I like Wilson over Anderson, but they're close. There are some mock drafts now that have Wilson coming off the board before Anderson. I hope Seattle trades down to a QB needing team as I could see them taking Anderson or Wilson.

Bottom line, no need to trade up.

Just read an article that said Patrick Queen is available from the Ravens due to them signing Smith long term.

I'd be all over that. Offer a 3rd

I like Wilson over Anderson, but they're close. There are some mock drafts now that have Wilson coming off the board before Anderson. I hope Seattle trades down to a QB needing team as I could see them taking Anderson or Wilson.

Bottom line, no need to trade up.

I'm still failing to see why people like Wilson so much. To me, he looks like a 2nd round pick. He looks like he's playing at half speed most of the time and is really stiff with his movements. He is not an upgrade over what we have.

I hope Seattle or Arizona fall in love with him.

Romeo Okwara takes pay cut to stay with Lions. $9m.
https://t.co/bmc2iAkp4v

I hope people realize how important it is that all these players WANT to be a Detroit Lion.

I cannot remember that happening at any point before the last 2 years. Maybe a guy here or there.......but not so many in one off season.

Something good about to happen, I think. I hope. Possibly. It's the Lions so probably not. We're going 0-17. FUCK!!

before everyone gets all excited about players taking massive pay cuts to stay with the team, my guess is they just re-structured the pay to push the cap hit down the road. I highly doubt he just gave back $9M. The $9M was probably just changed to some sort of bonus

Last edited:
before everyone gets all excited about players taking massive pay cuts to stay with the team, my guess is they just re-structured the pay to push the cap hit down the road. I highly doubt he just gave back $9M. The $9M was probably just changed to some sort of bonus

Nope. He took a full pay cut, not a restructure. The Lions get more 9 million than they would have if they cut him (7.5 million)

Players WANT to be in Detroit. Everyone wants to play for Dan Campbell

Romeo reduced salary from 11 to 2 million

Last edited:
Nope. He took a full pay cut, not a restructure. The Lions get more 9 million than they would have if they cut him (7.5 million)

Calm it down LKP. We aren?t there yet. Once we start landing players like the Wagners or Ramsey then we can say players WANT to be in Detroit.

Calm it down LKP. We aren?t there yet. Once we start landing players like the Wagners or Ramsey then we can say players WANT to be in Detroit.

Ramsey was traded

And Lions have plenty of pull in getting players now. Everyone likes this regime.

Wagner older, good but still a FA. Also how did Bobby Wagner work out for the Rams. Great player but they couldn't keep him (due to the cap) and they still had a shit year

Lions went younger and long term and maybe the draft too (on top of Rodriguez and Barnes)

You were exposed as completely wrong. Lions are spending, they are spending smart and players want to come here. Sheila is a great owner giving them whatever they need. This isn't Martha or William Clay anymore

His base salary. I read that he restructured most of it to bonuses.

From an article.

Over The Cap breaks down the new contract like this:

$2 million base salary (down from $14.5 million)
$7 million signing bonus for the new contract, spread out evenly between 2023 and 2024, which is an added void year
$3.5 million in dead cap room for 2024
$500,000 roster bonus

Back