Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Did Tuck say he's "comin'"???

Anyway, Mel was discharged from his responsibilities as Head Football Coach at Michigan State University. Something about "mortal turpidude." (sic)

Last edited:
Mel apparently changed his story a couple times, and tried to pay her hush money to go away.

That's PRETTY fucking damning... especially her not taking money to go away.

Link:

With his job, reputation and the roughly $80 million left on his contract at stake, Tucker repeatedly made false statements to the investigator and misled her about basic facts, such as his location during the phone call and the date it occurred, a USA TODAY review of more than 1,200 pages of case documents found.

Rather than tell his side of the story right away, Tucker and his attorney spent three months trying to stop the investigation, case documents show. They wrote legal arguments urging Michigan State to drop the case and twice approached Tracy?s attorney proposing a settlement agreement. Tracy said no, and the school pressed forward.

Tucker and Tracy did not speak in the three months after the April 28 call.

Meanwhile, their assistants were planning Tracy?s third visit to campus ? an in-person training with coaches and players scheduled for July 25.

Tucker canceled that training three days before, the investigation report shows. When Tracy spoke to him by phone on Aug. 2 seeking to find out why, she would tell the investigator in her interview that Tucker insinuated he would harm her career if she spoke about his conduct. He never rescheduled her visit, and they never spoke again.
article goes on to say after he was suspended he denied cancelling her third visit

Well... him offering her hush money and repeatedly changing his story (to put it nicely... some would call that lying) does not conclusively prove he's the guilty party here, but it sure seems that way.

Freep reports that because Tucker was fired midseason, MSU players have 30 days (starting now) to transfer.

And also reports that they can play up to 4 games in a season and then transfer w/out losing a year of eligibility. Again, the planning and foresight is East Lansing is just something else.

GREAT timing here, MSU.

* slow clap *

Freep reports that because Tucker was fired midseason, MSU players have 30 days (starting now) to transfer.

And also reports that they can play up to 4 games in a season and then transfer w/out losing a year of eligibility. Again, the planning and foresight is East Lansing is just something else.

GREAT timing here, MSU.

* slow clap *

No doubt you'd be talking about what a smart move it was and not accusing them of intentionally screwing players over if they had waited until after week 5 to fire Tucker...

Trevor Bauer situation is yet another example of why you can't blindly believe someone who makes these claims, especially when the person they're implicating is wealthy. It's really sad that that's the case. These false accusers are just as bad as the actual predators. Using real victims' trauma to profit while also making it less likely that true victims will come forward or be believed. False accusers should be prosecuted every time.

Trevor Bauer situation is yet another example of why you can't blindly believe someone who makes these claims, especially when the person they're implicating is wealthy. It's really sad that that's the case. These false accusers are just as bad as the actual predators. Using real victims' trauma to profit while also making it less likely that true victims will come forward or be believed. False accusers should be prosecuted every time.

Who gives a shit? Tucker is a scumbag, harassed a sexual assault victim, tried to bribe her into silence and lawyered up and threatened her when she wouldn't take his money and back down. But thanks for reminding us sometimes accusers lie. We totally didn't know that!

Who gives a shit? Tucker is a scumbag, harassed a sexual assault victim, tried to bribe her into silence and lawyered up and threatened her when she wouldn't take his money and back down. But thanks for reminding us sometimes accusers lie. We totally didn't know that!

And yet here you are taking her side as gospel before all facts are out...

This thread is still going on and yet not a peep about the scumbag racist hockey player from Michigan on this forum. Wierd

This thread is still going on and yet not a peep about the scumbag racist hockey player from Michigan on this forum. Wierd

I half expected MC to be on here bragging about the kid and defending his actions given his well established virulent anti-Semitism. Maybe he just hasn't heard about it or decided to keep quiet about this one.

I actually just saw that on 247 today. Pretty stupid move for sure. He was kicked off the team immediately was my understanding.

I actually just saw that on 247 today. Pretty stupid move for sure. He was kicked off the team immediately was my understanding.

I think I came across something somewhere about a hockey player getting kicked off the team. I don?t know any of the details.

Not good enough. That's exactly what Dantonio did with players that engaged in unacceptable behavior and still to this day he's pilloried and reviled for other peoples' version of the events.

Last edited:

If you think it's that important, you could make a thread about, jackass...

Has nothing to do with your scumbag former coach jacking off to a sexual assault victim and getting fired.

You know that's how the internet works, right? You make a thread for a new topic.

If you think it's that important, you could make a thread about, jackass...

Has nothing to do with your scumbag former coach jacking off to a sexual assault victim and getting fired.

You know that's how the internet works, right? You make a thread for a new topic.

Is that how the internet works? Is there a website that spells out the rules? How come you didn't start a thread about it, saying what trash the university of michigan is for covering up rapes and giving scholarships and degrees to anti-Semites?

edit: and for paying players who engaged in massive point shaving scams.

Last edited:
Not worth a new thread here, but:

Urban Meyer is reportedly not a candidate nor is he interested in the Michigan State head coaching job, according to The Athletic?s Bruce Feldman.

?About the ?reports? linking Urban Meyer to the Michigan State HC job? I just checked with him,? Feldman wrote on Twitter. ?There is zero truth to it with him being a candidate for it. He has no interest in that, and is happy with what he?s doing now at Fox Sports.?​

Get your own dam link if you want more info. And, since we know that we can tell Urban is lying because he is talking, who really knows? IMO, hire Urban, MSU, and we'll see what happens next.

Last edited:
Urban Meyer is reportedly not a candidate nor is he interested in the Michigan State head coaching job, according to The Athletic?s Bruce Feldman.

?About the ?reports? linking Urban Meyer to the Michigan State HC job? I just checked with him,? Feldman wrote on Twitter. ?There is zero truth to it with him being a candidate for it. He has no interest in that, and is happy with what he?s doing now at Fox Sports.?​
Get your own dam link if you want more info. And, since we know that we can tell Urban is lying because he is talking, who really knows? IMO, hire Urban, MSU, and we'll see what happens next.

Yeah, I was reading that and thinking the same thing. He's consistently lied about his career intentions.

On one hand, I doubt he goes there, because he knows he won't have the talent advantage he had at UF or OSU. But on the other hand, if he wants to coach again (he's 60), this might be his best bet. So who knows? If the change.org petition and like 90% of the comments from MSU fans I've read are accurate, they are in favor of hiring a scumbag like Meyer and embracing their new "Black Sheep of the Family" identity.

But to be fair... other MSU posters in the 10% are like "NO, we do not want Meyer. football is not more important than our reputation, let's clean up the department. REAL MSU alums care about this, and the idiots online are louder than they are numerous."

Last edited by a moderator:
Not good enough. That's exactly what Dantonio did with players that engaged in unacceptable behavior and still to this day he's pilloried and reviled for other peoples' version of the events.

Can you first acknowledge that there's a huge difference between spray-painting a sidewalk and raping a coed? And the issue with Dantonio was the fact that he recruited and accepted Austin Robertson, who had committed multiple sexual assaults as a minor and then he went and did it again at MSU.

Delton Williams - pulled a gun on someone in a road rage incident, does jail time, no suspension
MacGarett Kings - arrested for DUI, no suspension.
MacGarrett Kings - (Separate incident) kicks a parking enforcement vehicle then resists arrest and still no suspension.
Chris Rucker - spent 8 days in jail for DUI and was allowed to play the Saturday after he was released
LJ Scott - arrested SEVEN times for driving on a suspended license and served zero suspension.
Glenn Winston - sucker punches hockey player and breaks his jaw, serves 6 months in jail, immediately reinstated

All guys with varying degrees of criminal charges that served no suspensions or punishment from the team. That's 12 arrests, over 6 months of jail time, 2 DUIs, 1 assault that amounted to ZERO GAMES in suspensions. It was a recurring theme for the program under Dantonio, not a one-time incident with 3 kids that happened 3 months after Nassar was arrested and absolutely couldn't be swept under the rug.

This is the first thing I've read that even mentions Meyer as a candidate. It's absurd.

Can you first acknowledge that there's a huge difference between spray-painting a sidewalk and raping a coed? And the issue with Dantonio was the fact that he recruited and accepted Austin Robertson, who had committed multiple sexual assaults as a minor and then he went and did it again at MSU.

Delton Williams - pulled a gun on someone in a road rage incident, does jail time, no suspension
MacGarett Kings - arrested for DUI, no suspension.
MacGarrett Kings - (Separate incident) kicks a parking enforcement vehicle then resists arrest and still no suspension.
Chris Rucker - spent 8 days in jail for DUI and was allowed to play the Saturday after he was released
LJ Scott - arrested SEVEN times for driving on a suspended license and served zero suspension.
Glenn Winston - sucker punches hockey player and breaks his jaw, serves 6 months in jail, immediately reinstated

All guys with varying degrees of criminal charges that served no suspensions or punishment from the team. That's 12 arrests, over 6 months of jail time, 2 DUIs, 1 assault that amounted to ZERO GAMES in suspensions. It was a recurring theme for the program under Dantonio, not a one-time incident with 3 kids that happened 3 months after Nassar was arrested and absolutely couldn't be swept under the rug.

Winston was definitely a mistake and one Dantonio learned from. He was kicked off the team and out of school immediately upon a second offense. As for Williams, you're definitely wrong there - he was suspended and had to work his way back onto the team. The rest of these are minor infractions in the off-season.

To answer your question yes, I can acknowledge the difference. Can you? Apparently uofm has a hard time making that distinction though - waiting 2 years and until the rapist and the guy who threatened to rape the victim a second time graduated or ran out of eligibility to "suspend" them. So please, spare me the bs righteous indignation over some traffic violations in the off-season.

I didn't see Mazi Smith on your list. He was pulled over for doing double the speed limit past a school and arrested when the cops saw an illegal firearm and multiple high capacity magazines - the officer potentionally prevented a mass shooting but smith didnt' miss a down for his illegal firearm. At least Williams' was legal and he was suspended. Oh, that's right Mazi went to uofm which let him play the bulk of a season without even disclosing the arrest, then didn't suspend him for a single play after the story was leaked and his trial was still pending. But please, tell me more about MacGaret Kings' offseason misdemeanors...

Last edited:
Back