Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Did Tuck say he's "comin'"???

We are ever grateful to the nameless ADMIN who created this board.

MSU gives Tucker 7 days to respond to a notice to terminate him for cause (link)

Tuck... respondin'???

WELL, I fuckin' NAILED this part:

I was visiting Grandpa Michchamp last weekend, and read the Lansing State Journal articles & screaming headlines about this Sunday morning. It did seem to me that the articles, which quoted people using the phrase "embarassment to MSU" or something else like it a few times, were attempts by the MSU PR dept. to get rid of Tucker by providing evidence that his actions embarassed MSU. I think "embarassment to MSU" mirrors or comes close to the for-cause termination clause in Tucker's contract.

From MSU's notice of termination letter to Tucker (full text here), page 4 notes all the negative press in national newspapers, and Footnote 1 on that page cites the same LSJ article I read.

It does kinda suck that the press is so easily used as a tool or PR echo chamber for whoever or whatever is wealthy enough to have a PR department, and can be used to just railroad a guy, or guys, or workers out of a contract. But it's hard to feel bad for Tucker, regardless, since by all appearances he's a terrible human being.

This also seems to confirm (at least in my mind... how else did the LSJ happen to pick only MSU fans for quotes that were perfectly tailored to the contract language, and talk to NONE of the mouth-breather MSU fans all over the place claiming she probably lead him on and more would come out?) that there was some coordination here on the part of MSU's AD to push Tucker out right now and get out of the insanely terrible contract they signed with him. But they DID know about all this months ago. So I can't figure out why they let him go through the entire summer and coach two games before this shit hit the fan and rhey moved to fire him. They basically threw away their entire season by moving too slowly.

There may not be any reason other than "MSU being MSU." ... always a day late, dollar short...

$5 says Tucker sues them to enforce the terms of the contract, and his attorney alleges every possible form of employment discrimination, from racism to sexism, and the kitchen sink to keep this going until MSU settles. Maybe he even has some dirt on them he can threaten to leak.

How much of the millions that he's collected so far does he still have on hand to fight this out? If his wife were to file for divorce right now, she could totally fuck him over. Maybe he cuts a deal with her to wait that out until they can extract a bigger settlement from MSU and then split that?

If there was a National Enquirer, Michigan College Sports Edition, MSU would be single-handedly keeping them in business for the next year...

WELL, I fuckin' NAILED this part:

From MSU's notice of termination letter to Tucker (full text here), page 4 notes all the negative press in national newspapers, and Footnote 1 on that page cites the same LSJ article I read.

It does kinda suck that the press is so easily used as a tool or PR echo chamber for whoever or whatever is wealthy enough to have a PR department, and can be used to just railroad a guy, or guys, or workers out of a contract. But it's hard to feel bad for Tucker, regardless, since by all appearances he's a terrible human being.

This also seems to confirm (at least in my mind... how else did the LSJ happen to pick only MSU fans for quotes that were perfectly tailored to the contract language, and talk to NONE of the mouth-breather MSU fans all over the place claiming she probably lead him on and more would come out?) that there was some coordination here on the part of MSU's AD to push Tucker out right now and get out of the insanely terrible contract they signed with him. But they DID know about all this months ago. So I can't figure out why they let him go through the entire summer and coach two games before this shit hit the fan and rhey moved to fire him. They basically threw away their entire season by moving too slowly.

There may not be any reason other than "MSU being MSU." ... always a day late, dollar short...

Wow, you really NAILED that first part captain obvious. Good job.

So where are all these MSU fans defending Tucker and claiming more would come out? You seem to be the only person aware of any of these people since not a single poster here has said anything of the sort. It's funny that in the next breath it's actually you that says MSU is doing this to get out of a contract. Why are you sticking up for an obviously terrible human being?

By the way, if you think this move is "throwing away their entire season" you must not watch much college football. Last year our defense couldn't stop a runny nose but the reason the team looks awful this year and why they coughed up 700 yards to Washington last week was because of the way they handled the Tucker controversy. Brilliant.

There are so many ill-informed, dumb takes in this post it's hard to decide which is the dumbest.

Last edited:
$75 million bucks to get off and didn't even get some. Could have paid a stripper $50 for a blow job in the VIP.

$5 says Tucker sues them to enforce the terms of the contract, and his attorney alleges every possible form of employment discrimination, from racism to sexism, and the kitchen sink to keep this going until MSU settles. Maybe he even has some dirt on them he can threaten to leak.

Tucker now claiming MSU fired him inappropriately because (among other things) he requested FMLA leave to deal with a serious health issue.

smart!

This whole mess is just gross. When it's all said and done, I have a feeling every single person involved will look bad(Tucker, the girl, the ad, the school etc)

This whole mess is just gross. When it's all said and done, I have a feeling every single person involved will look bad(Tucker, the girl, the ad, the school etc)

I think, depending on how MSU plays it, it could affect the quality of the coach willing to take over.

The names being floated on RCMB and MSU twitter are amusing. Pat Forde had a more realistic take.

Agreed. School, AD and Tucker already look bad. It remains to be seen about the girl. I have a difficult time believing she was completely unreceptive. I also don't buy the "I couldn't hang up" thing. Sorry, survivor or not press the red button and it stops.

I have almost no doubt Haller and MSU handled this improperly and have opened themselves up to a lawsuit from Tucker. Virtually every university screws up sexual harassment and assault cases as their policies and procedures are put in place by activist adminstraters and academics rather than people who understand the law. Even if they follow procedure, those procedures are often biased and flawed. So many of these cases have been overturned by courts on due process challenges it's impossible to keep track of them.

As I've said in other threads, I think Haller is probably incompetent based on his track record thus far so it would be very difficult for him to not screw this up. I only hope that if he has, he's held accountable as well.

Normally, I wouldn't feel the need to point out the obvious, but MC is on this thread so I have to say again, I'm not defending Tucker. I believe Tucker is probably telling the truth - probably about both the accuser's involvement and some of MSU's actions. The problem for him is in that truth, there's more than enough justification to fire him. The problem for MSU is they likely opened themselves up to having to settle and pay Tucker more than they would have to if they did this correctly.

Last edited:
I think, depending on how MSU plays it, it could affect the quality of the coach willing to take over.

The names being floated on RCMB and MSU twitter are amusing. Pat Forde had a more realistic take.

Why on earth you frequent that shitbag site baffles me

Agreed. School, AD and Tucker already look bad. It remains to be seen about the girl. I have a difficult time believing she was completely unreceptive. I also don't buy the "I couldn't hang up" thing. Sorry, survivor or not press the red button and it stops.

I have a hard time posting that I don't believe her before the facts come out(if they ever really do). But im definitely not gonna post that I do believe her.

I figured that that forum would have imploded by now.

I have a hard time posting that I don't believe her before the facts come out(if they ever really do). But im definitely not gonna post that I do believe her.

without recordings of their interactions, it's 'he said, she said' and the truth will be impossible to know for sure.

or unless one of them confesses but they both have too much to lose to admit they are lying.

Why on earth you frequent that shitbag site baffles me
"frequent" = clicking a thread or two to see what MSU fans are saying.

I think State needs to clean house in their athletic department; at least Haller and the football guys need to go.

FWIW Pat Forde cited the Toledo coach, WashSt or Oregon State coaches as potential replacements (the latter two only because the PACXII is falling apart). I didn't see any MSU fans mention those three.

without recordings of their interactions, it's 'he said, she said' and the truth will be impossible to know for sure.

or unless one of them confesses but they both have too much to lose to admit they are lying.

Thank God there isn't a recording. Last thing this world needs is audio of Tucker beating little 1 eyed mel

Here's why her story does not add up to me.

1. She claims that she rebuffed him at every turn, yet there's no evidence to suggest that she ever refused or returned his lavish gifts
2. She spent 30+ minutes on the phone with him regularly claiming that it was all work-related, but it never occurred during work hours
3. She doesn't have any of the text messages to support her claims. It makes sense that the married man who was pursuing would delete them all, it does NOT make sense that someone who is the victim of sexual harassment would delete the evidence
4. The timing of the report is suspicious, her reasons for waiting so long are even more suspicious. It doesn't take 10 months for someone that does what she does to come to the realization that you need to report the incident. It was only reported after all other revenue streams from MSU were dried up

I am not defending The Tugger. He's a scumbag. What I'm saying is that his account of events don't leave nearly as many questions as hers, and those questions were never even asked of her. I don't even disagree with him that MSU is using this as an opportunity to fire him and get out of the contract.

The problem is, he gave them that opportunity. I don't think there's any defense of the relationship since he was the superior and she was the subordinate. And while I don't disagree that have phone sex with a side chick isn't any of MSU's business, doing so with a subordinate is against the employee policy for every employer in the country and for good reason.

And the AD and president may as well resign. Someone is going to be the scapegoat for the way this was handled. There's no way the only one that pays is Mel.

Back