Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Did Tuck say he's "comin'"???

yeah. counting down to 1,000 wins is only entertaining for so long.

the dumpster fire up in East Lansing is keeping us warm

Wow you guys really know how to live it up with all these countdowns. Are you going to throw a 1k party on Zoom?

Last edited:
This is alleged sexual harassment, not assault or rape. Tucker is a big dumb fuck for ever engaging with this woman, a rape survivor. Dude is a zero. This is politician territory at minimum, slapping your appendage over the phone. Dude embarrased his wife, kids, and the whole institution. Just walk away and apologize. Swallow whatever pride you have left and dont fight the firing. Now......if this wasnt harrassment on his part, by all means, fight that part. If everything was consensual, as he says, then clear your name. Still needs to be fired however it turns out. If this was Harbaugh, I would have the same feelings.

Can you imagine what the student section or the fans on ESPN's Gameday would be doing with the big foam hands if this dude was retained?

This place would be boring without MSU

No disputing that. (EDIT: And you bring a lot of spice to the board.) Also, this place wouldn't exist without Michigan faithful.

Last edited:
This is alleged sexual harassment, not assault or rape. Tucker is a big dumb fuck for ever engaging with this woman, a rape survivor. Dude is a zero. This is politician territory at minimum, slapping your appendage over the phone. Dude embarrased his wife, kids, and the whole institution. Just walk away and apologize. Swallow whatever pride you have left and dont fight the firing. Now......if this wasnt harrassment on his part, by all means, fight that part. If everything was consensual, as he says, then clear your name. Still needs to be fired however it turns out. If this was Harbaugh, I would have the same feelings.

Can you imagine what the student section or the fans on ESPN's Gameday would be doing with the big foam hands if this dude was retained?

This is pretty much what I said on the MSU board (quoted on this thread in post 80) - despite michturd's obvious mischaracterization of my position. If it was harassment or consensual or something in between, there isn't a scenario where Tucker doesn't look bad. If it was consensual, fight for your name like you said, but he should be done at MSU.

I'd be fine if he proved it was consensual and Saban gave him an assistant job in a year or two like he has with so many other coaches that stubbed their toes but MSU can't be the one to give him that second chance.

Last edited:
It "came out" that MSU's AD (Haller) knew about the investigation last December (link). Which is, I suppose a good thing. He's in the loop and they actually communicate sexual assault issues to the decision makers! But then again, he didn't do anything about it until someone else leaked it, which is a bad thing.

I was visiting Grandpa Michchamp last weekend, and read the Lansing State Journal articles & screaming headlines about this Sunday morning. It did seem to me that the articles, which quoted people using the phrase "embarassment to MSU" or something else like it a few times, were attempts by the MSU PR dept. to get rid of Tucker by providing evidence that his actions embarassed MSU. I think "embarassment to MSU" mirrors or comes close to the for-cause termination clause in Tucker's contract.

But now, I really don't know WHAT the hell MSU's AD is doing or thinking.

If they sat on this that long - going on 9 months - they were probably not looking for a way to get rid of Tucker. Now they seem to be.

What exactly changed in their minds? They didn't want him gone when he was going 5-7, his contract and all the press about it was a bad joke, he schemed to keep the entire bonus they provided for his coaching staff, his players fighting in The Tunnel, team discipline looked horrible, recruiting results were cratering, and by all accounts he drove off two of the best players on the team? But then this investigation leaks, and now they're trying to distance themselves from him?

I wonder if they're just really bad at their jobs there. Like so lazy and/or entitled, they won't lift a finger to do ANYTHING until the press is on the phone asking for comment. I think a lot of America runs like that these days... not singling out MSU here.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is pretty much what I said on the MSU board (quoted on this thread in post 80) - despite michturd's obvious mischaracterization of my position. If it was harassment or consensual or something in between, there isn't a scenario where Tucker doesn't look bad. If it was consensual, fight for your name like you said, but he should be done at MSU.

I'd be fine if he proved it was consensual and Saban gave him an assistant job in a year or two like he has with so many other coaches that stubbed their toes but MSU can't be the one to give him that second chance.

FWIW, this is what Tracy has said publicly:
"This is just more of the same DARVO, deflection, victim blaming and lies that I've been dealing with now for months. Coach Tucker has been delaying and trying to stop the investigative process since the beginning. He can't afford to go to a hearing that determines credibility of the participating parties," she wrote on X, formerly Twitter. "I believe this statement is his way of getting out of participating in the hearing. October 5th and 6th I will be present for the hearing and make myself available for cross examination by his attorney Jennifer Belveal. I invite him to do the same."
As of now, she's standing behind her accusations, and put her reputation on the line.

FWIW, this is what Tracy has said publicly:
"This is just more of the same DARVO, deflection, victim blaming and lies that I've been dealing with now for months. Coach Tucker has been delaying and trying to stop the investigative process since the beginning. He can't afford to go to a hearing that determines credibility of the participating parties," she wrote on X, formerly Twitter. "I believe this statement is his way of getting out of participating in the hearing. October 5th and 6th I will be present for the hearing and make myself available for cross examination by his attorney Jennifer Belveal. I invite him to do the same."
As of now, she's standing behind her accusations, and put her reputation on the line.

I'm aware of her position - everyone is, that's obvious. As I've said, it's a he said/she said situation. That doesn't change the fact that you disingenuously misrepresented what I said about it to accuse me of attacking her and defending Tucker. I did neither.

The funniest thing that could happen after all this is that MSU doesn't fire Tucker, and he goes on to keep coaching there for the next 8 years or whatever, getting paid $10MM/year to go 5-7 or 4-8 each time. What are the odds this happens?

I know it seems unlikely, but it also seemed unlikely that Tucker could be THIS stupid, or the MSU administration would fumble ANOTHER sex scandal so soon after doing just that...

Maybe they decide Tracy lead him on and he deserves another chance. but really they cheap out and decide they don't want to pay him to go away & that gives them a cover story.

Only board I know of, since we all left ESPN.

no, there were two. First we went to a different platform (proboards?). Then a year or two after that, something happened with the availability and we moved to the DSF.

The threads from Board #2 transferred here, but not the pics that had been posted in them. You can see that in some of the posts in the older stickied threads or if you go back far enough.

no, there were two. First we went to a different platform (proboards?). Then a year or two after that, something happened with the availability and we moved to the DSF.

The threads from Board #2 transferred here, but not the pics that had been posted in them. You can see that in some of the posts in the older stickied threads or if you go back far enough.

I remenber when the ESPN boards changed and everyone was pissed about that, because it became incoherent and no one knew who was responding to who. Cant remember other board for some reason.

Back