Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 10: Lions @ Cardinals Thread

Didn't you just have a post on here how the o coordinator is dog shit?

Yes, the O coordinator has been dog shit this year. That's been one of the universal things we've all been critical of...the play calling has been too predictable this year...whether you hate Stafford or love Stafford.

I can't say that. This is our year, just a hiccup. GB is hot right now, but I don't think they can keep it up. I think they'll get trounced by the Pats in a few weeks, and I'm calling it right now, lose to the Vikings next week. Xavier Rhodes will hold his own against Nelson, just like Detroit's corners did. Trap game or whatever you want to call it, we will still be tied with the packers or be in the lead again after next week.

Bold statements. I don't see it myself.

Bold statements. I don't see it myself.

im going to go ahead and stick to my preseason prediction. 10-6. don't make the playoffs. Ball bounce our way the first half of the season and another second half let down.

im going to go ahead and stick to my preseason prediction. 10-6. don't make the playoffs. Ball bounce our way the first half of the season and another second half let down.

If I had to go with one of the two predictions, your's or kdp's I'd unfortunately I'd lean towards yours. It wasn't like we were blowing out teams before today, you're right we got the breaks against some not so great teams. The GB win seems like a long time ago and you know the fates are conspiring to make a week 17 game in GB a must win.

Last edited:
To be honest you guys are no different than him...you just don't recognize it. If we would have won today you would have dismissed it that we won because they didn't have their starting QB. As much as he is positive about the team, you guys shit on it constantly. I'm really dumbfounded that you don't see it.

I have never said a win was a loss or a loss was a win unless poking fun of LKP.

I have never said a win was a loss or a loss was a win unless poking fun of LKP.

My loss as a win is poking fun of the rampant negativity on this board. And the awful refs and field goal kicking.

I think if we go 10-6 we'll make the playoffs. Dallas and Philly still have 2 games left against each other and Philly has a game against Seattle and Dallas has a game against Indy. Seattle and SF still have 2 games left against one another and Seattle has the game against Philly and 2 against Arizona and one against the Rams. And SF also has a game against SD and Arizona. Right now we have the best conference record. If we finish 10-6 it most likely means we finish with an 8-4 conference record. 10-6 should get a playoff berth for us.

And I said this already at the bye week but 10-6 should be the worst case scenario and 11-5 is the best case scenario for us.

Another interesting call in Pats vs Colts game.

Pats Kickoff, ball dies at 2 yard line, Colts knock it into end zone and than cover it up. Called a touchback because they never had control in the field of play.

Last edited:

I hate to say it but I actually agree with you here. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up at 9-7 only beating the Bucs and Vikes at home. I sure hope we are wrong though.

I hate to say it but I actually agree with you here. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up at 9-7 only beating the Bucs and Vikes at home. I sure hope we are wrong though.

ya im having a hard time getting to 10 right now with the way the offense is playing. gotta hope for a cutler shit performace and/or GB clinching and resting in the last week.

4-2 should be the finish given the schedule. Unless you are a hater. It's not a given and must be earned but that's the most probable.

You really think the Bears will sweep the Lions? I don't throw the hater label around but damn son, you really need to watch a Bears game.

You really think the Bears will sweep the Lions? I don't throw the hater label around but damn son, you really need to watch a Bears game.

Stanton, Floyd and some rookie just dominated our defense. Cutler, marshall, Jeffrey can make us look silly. I still think cutler fucks up 1 game and we beat them atleast once.

then fucking do something about it Caldwell! I thought you were supposed to be some offensive genius??? downgrade Lombardi to toilet cleaner and take control of this shitty offense before were on the outside looking in.

mikerothstein Michael Rothstein
Listening to Caldwell talk again -- said Tate's lack of production wasn't Arizona taking him away. It was progressions & calls. 2 targets
about an hour ago

The Bears have looked dreadful, especially on defense. If we can't sweep them, then that would be really a big blow in my opinion.

The Cardinals got 45% of their yards on the first two drives of the game, when the defense played very poorly (The first TD catch especially by Vaughn was terrible). Over their next 9 drives the Cardinals punted 5 times, threw two picks, and ran out the clock of both halves. They gained 195 yards on 45 plays over that stretch.

It is a shame that we got abused in the first two drives of the game, but the defense did it's job pretty well after that. I don't think it's fair to say that they got "dominated" only giving up 14 points and playing well most of the game.

Stanton, Floyd and some rookie just dominated our defense. Cutler, marshall, Jeffrey can make us look silly. I still think cutler fucks up 1 game and we beat them atleast once.

Dominated is a pretty large exaggeration. He chucked up a jump ball that Vaughn decided would be best to defend from behind the WR. After Stanton threw two picks they went ultra conservative because our offense is like the Walking Dead and could afford to.

I don't know if you've watched any Bears games, but the potential of Cutler/Forte/Marshall/Jeffries is for nothing with that garbage O Line. And you want to talk about bad games plans...holy shit.

The Bears have looked dreadful, especially on defense. If we can't sweep them, then that would be really a big blow in my opinion.

The Cardinals got 45% of their yards on the first two drives of the game, when the defense played very poorly (The first TD catch especially by Vaughn was terrible). Over their next 9 drives the Cardinals punted 5 times, threw two picks, and ran out the clock of both halves. They gained 195 yards on 45 plays over that stretch.

It is a shame that we got abused in the first two drives of the game, but the defense did it's job pretty well after that. I don't think it's fair to say that they got "dominated" only giving up 14 points and playing well most of the game.

they were about to score on stantons 1st pick too.....

Dominated is a pretty large exaggeration. He chucked up a jump ball that Vaughn decided would be best to defend from behind the WR. After Stanton threw two picks they went ultra conservative because our offense is like the Walking Dead and could afford to.

I don't know if you've watched any Bears games, but the potential of Cutler/Forte/Marshall/Jeffries is for nothing with that garbage O Line. And you want to talk about bad games plans...holy shit.

ive seen a little....I also saw that marshall and Jeffrey were 2 of the top 5 wrs in fantasy this week. So ya...when we have guys like cassius Vaughn on the field....its worrisome to say the least. But ive been saying that about our secondary for 20 years....no need to really keep bringing it up when the same douchebag is still in office.

Back