Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 10: Lions @ Cardinals Thread

We lost to the #1 team in the NFL, and we still kept them from scoring a shitload. Two TDs... ain't bad.

The Broncos just lost 22-7 to the Rams, and they are still a favorite for the SuperBowl. We lost to a very very good 9-1 team, and we're ready to throw in the towel.

Damn, I guess it's easy to be negative when you're a Lions fan, but this is not the worst loss we could have taken.

We lost to the #1 team in the NFL, and we still kept them from scoring a shitload. Two TDs... ain't bad.

The Broncos just lost 22-7 to the Rams, and they are still a favorite for the SuperBowl. We lost to a very very good 9-1 team, and we're ready to throw in the towel.

Damn, I guess it's easy to be negative when you're a Lions fan, but this is not the worst loss we could have taken.

not the worst loss...I agree. but a very very very bad offensive performance.....from a team that was already ranked 23rd in offense. So im not ready to throw in the towel....but a performance like that paints a pretty clear picture that our offense is now officially garbage.

I did want this win badly going into the game, but we were due for a loss and like ink just said the Cardinals are no joke even with Stanton at QB. It's not like Carson Palmer has been carrying them to wins. Stanton already had 2-3 wins this year before playing us too.

Ugh I just want the Lions to win a big game for once. That's what sucks the most. Oh well.

lol you call it a good play by the defense...ill call it drew Stanton making a horrible throw.

Should it not have counted? I don't understand the point. Good defenses take advantage of opportunities presented to them. Many turnovers are caused by mistakes from an offensive player (forcing a throw into coverage, bad read, receiver runs wrong route etc.) They're not always insane one-handed leaping INTs like the Dolphins player got vs. Stafford.

Turnovers come in different shapes and sizes but they are always big plays for a defense. Especially if it prevents them from scoring like they did in this case.

Should it not have counted? I don't understand the point. Good defenses take advantage of opportunities presented to them. Many turnovers are caused by mistakes from an offensive player (forcing a throw into coverage, bad read, receiver runs wrong route etc.) They're not always insane one-handed leaping INTs like the Dolphins player got vs. Stafford.

Turnovers come in different shapes and sizes but they are always big plays for a defense. Especially if it prevents them from scoring like they did in this case.

not saying that at all...im saying a good qb would have had points on the board again.....we'll see how ugly it gets vs an elite qb like tom brady next week of the defense is playing as bad as it was in the first qtr this week. we played great defense vs Rodgers and brees this year....so not saying it cant be done.

This offense is just nowhere close to where they should be. If somebody told me this offense wouldn't be a top 10 offense before the season, I would've laughed at them. Lombardi has no idea how to run an offense, and is THE reason this team has limitations, and can only go so far. Imo, it's time to let Stafford play HIS style of game. If the Lions staff truly worked with Stafford during the offseason to polish up his fundamentals, there is no reason we should be seeing this kind of drop off in his production. I say let the kid play. 10-15 pass attempts in the first half is no way to run this kind of offense, it is restricting what this offense is. Throw the damn ball.

Last edited:
The Cardinals had good coverage. Have to give credit where it's due. The short yardage stops twice, Rob Sims penatly, pressure on half of Staffords drop backs (17 of 34 including 4 sacks) and bad spots didn't help.

Lions ran it well though.

The Cardinals had good coverage. Have to give credit where it's due. The short yardage stops twice, Rob Sims penatly, pressure on half of Staffords drop backs (17 of 34 including 4 sacks) and bad spots didn't help.

Lions ran it well though.

Once again, at this point who cares about the run game? Did it win us the game? Then obviously it does not matter.

Once again, at this point who cares about the run game? Did it win us the game? Then obviously it does not matter.

The offense was a part of 7 victories then if it's just wins and losses and we can't break anything down further. 70% of the time good offense.

Bell played well. Hope that continues. Especially when we face weaker pass defenses than Arizona.

The offense was a part of 7 victories then if it's just wins and losses and we can't break anything down further. 70% of the time good offense.

Good offense? When? U watching your 2011 Lions "game film" again? Poor soul, I feel bad for you.

Plenty of points against Dolphins, Jets, Saints, Falcons, Giants.
dominated TOP against Packers. Had missed FG and redzone fumble
Missed FGs haven't helped in other games (Buffalo)

Facing plenty of good defenses as well.

You exaggerate how bad the Lions offense is. One good defense in Arizona and didn't execute and got screwed by the refs. We'll rebound.

Plenty of points against Dolphins, Jets, Saints, Falcons, Giants.
dominated TOP against Packers. Had missed FG and redzone fumble
Missed FGs haven't helped in other games (Buffalo)

Facing plenty of good defenses as well.

You exaggerate how bad the Lions offense is. One good defense in Arizona and didn't execute and got screwed by the refs. We'll rebound.

Second to last in rushing yards per game
21st in total yards per game
26th in points per game
24th in team passer rating
21st in passing TDs
Allowed 6th most sacks

Im still sticking to my 8 wins, no playoffs. Maybe 9 if they are lucky. Might make post season with 9 wins but would get bounced in wild card game. This team just folds under pressure.

Second to last in rushing yards per game
21st in total yards per game
26th in points per game
24th in team passer rating
21st in passing TDs
Allowed 6th most sacks

1st in most times screwed by refs.
1st in missed field goals.
Plenty of injuries too.

And it's the 3 losses where it wasn't enough that skews everything down. The 7 wins, plenty of offense. 23 PPG if we hit field goals. 20 and a miss against Miami, 17 and 2 missed against Minnestoa, 24 against Jets, 24 against Saints, 22 against Falcons, 19 and a miss FG and redzone fumble against Packers. 14 and three mised field goals against Buffalo. That is plenty of offense. It's exaggerated that it's bad. Looks like a 23 PPG offense to me.

Last edited:
Im still sticking to my 8 wins, no playoffs. Maybe 9 if they are lucky. Might make post season with 9 wins but would get bounced in wild card game. This team just folds under pressure.

8 wins. Fuck you.

1st in most times screwed by refs.
1st in missed field goals.
Plenty of injuries too.

And it's the 3 losses where it wasn't enough that skews everything down. The 7 wins, plenty of offense. 23 PPG if we hit field goals. 20 and a miss against Miami, 17 and 2 missed against Minnestoa, 24 against Jets, 24 against Saints, 22 against Falcons, 19 and a miss FG and redzone fumble against Packers. That is plenty of offense. It's exaggerated that it's bad.

But all of those things happened. You can't just say "if we made FGs" because they didn't make them!

BTW...other teams can do the same as you did. GB averaged 41 points per game in their wins.

But all of those things happened. You can't just say "if we made FGs" because they didn't make them!

BTW...other teams can do the same as you did. GB averaged 41 points per game in their wins.

23 PPG is a good offense considering the defenses we played.

Green Bay got shut down by Lions, Saints and Seahawks defenses. Bears twice, Vikings in Lambeau, Eagles, these are shitty defenses and Carolina fell off a cliff and had to go to Lambeau too. Miami game they scored 24 on a last minute TD. Lions scored a true 23 with a last minute win. The scored more against Jets but had to comeback against Jets and allowed more points against Jets.

And missed FGs are not the offense points. In position for 23 PPG is what you want.

Back