Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 12: Lions @ Bears Thread

QB Matthew Stafford now has 31 4th-quarter comebacks, the most in the NFL since 2009 and tied with QB J. Elway for the 7th-most in history.
His 38 Game Winning drives are the 2nd-most in the NFL since 2009 and tie QBs Matt Ryan & Johnny Unitas for the 8th-most in NFL history.

Yeah. As long as Bevell doesn't get the HC job, they can be as happy as they fucking want lol

Bevell ain't very likely to or nearly win out ala Moeller, who probably deserved to be the next Lions HC, if not for the Lions hiring Millen as GM/president. Their new GM should get to pick his own HC, unless Hamp does so beforehand.

Nagy's seat as Bears HC just heated up another coil, so there could be as many as 3 NFCN division rivals competing for a new HC this offseason.

Bevell ain't very likely to or nearly win out ala Moeller, who probably deserved to be the next Lions HC, if not for the Lions hiring Millen as GM/president. Their new GM should get to pick his own HC, unless Hamp does so beforehand.

They stated in public that the approach they want to take is HC first then GM. And that the QB decision will be on the HC. Which is all very odd. But most things lions are not normal.

Nagy's seat as Bears HC just heated up another coil, so there could be as many as 3 NFCN division rivals competing for a new HC this offseason.

Id say 2. I dont see the Queens pulling the trigger on firing Zimmer unless they have a shot to make the playoffs and lose to the lions in week 17.

They stated in public that the approach they want to take is HC first then GM. And that the QB decision will be on the HC. Which is all very odd. But most things lions are not normal.

MEMO TO DETROIT LIONS

giphy.gif

BTW:This is not biological PM.

Last edited:

I'm actually not very opposed to that approach, IF it turns out that 5 or more franchises also fire theirs. Esp since there shouldn't be as many seeking a new GM as well. Lions might wind up being among the last to pick a new HC in that case.

I'm actually not very opposed to that approach, IF it turns out that 5 or more franchises also fire theirs. Esp since there shouldn't be as many seeking a new GM as well. Lions might wind up being among the last to pick a new HC in that case.

A GM stuck with a coach chosen by ownership is like a director being stuck with a director of photography chosen by the producer. It’s not done, IMO, or should be.

Last edited:
Id say 2. I dont see the Queens pulling the trigger on firing Zimmer unless they have a shot to make the playoffs and lose to the lions in week 17.

And that seems like exactly the most Lionsesque thing that they would do. Successfully play the playoffs spoiler role, causing Zimmer to lose his job, and for the sour cherry on their shit sundae...drop down in the draft to near or @ the middle of the pack.

A GM stuck with a coach chosen by ownership is like a director being stuck with a director of photography chosen by the producer. It?s not done, IMO, or should be.

Agreed, but if say they hire a first timer HC for 3 years, then offer 6 to a GM candidate who has plenty of FO experience to lure him in. As after all, the Lions gave Millen 5 years with zero FO experience.

Fuck off.....signed....

Joey Harrington
Boss Bailey
Teddy Lehman
Ikeaka Alma-Francis
Gerald Alexander
Kevin Jones
Jelani Tavai
Jarred Davis
Teez Tabor
Titus Young
Brandon Pettigrew
Ryan Broyles

Umm....Javid Best and Mikel Leshoure would like to know how they were passed up for this list...especially since both cost draft picks to move up and get them.

Umm....Javid Best and Mikel Leshoure would like to know how they were passed up for this list...especially since both cost draft picks to move up and get them.

LeShoure I definitely missed. After that Achilles tear......he was terrible. Not an NFL level back.

Best I did actually think about. I didn?t put him on there because he had huge talent. Game changing talent....but he couldn?t overcome the concussion problems.

Yes, the Lions took a big risk with the pick.....but if it had worked out....

But, that?s why their the Lions.

Cards and Vikings 6-6

8-8 could get you in if lions beat Vikings. 9-7 on the table

But got get past Green Bay. Please get kg and swift back. Throw in hand and flowers and Okudah too

LeShoure I definitely missed. After that Achilles tear......he was terrible. Not an NFL level back.

Best I did actually think about. I didn’t put him on there because he had huge talent. Game changing talent....but he couldn’t overcome the concussion problems.

Yes, the Lions took a big risk with the pick.....but if it had worked out....

But, that’s why their the Lions.

Charles Rogers, of whose 4 TDs scored, half came in the first half of his and the Lions first game of the '03 season vs Cardinals. Anquan Boldin matched him with 2 of his own, and won Off RoY. Boldin ironically ended his NFL career as a Lions wideout in '16, scoring 8 TDs...twice as many as Rogers and in 16 games vs 15 career.

Last edited:
A GM stuck with a coach chosen by ownership is like a director being stuck with a director of photography chosen by the producer. It?s not done, IMO, or should be.

I am wondering what GM would want to come here knowing they can't interview the next HC.

I am wondering what GM would want to come here knowing they can't interview the next HC.

I?ve read a few different articles....Freep,USA Today.....saying a GM hire will be first, and Wood and Sheila will have input on the next coach but ultimately let said GM make the call.

Just what I read.

Back