Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Gio Gonzalez and Martin Prado

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]
Spockmaster said:
i dont see why everyone in baseball is so obsessed with gonzalez, his stats outside oakland are just not that good.

Young, lefty and has shown the ability and promise of being a #1. Though I think he is a #2.

I have him rated #64 out of 150 starters. That is a strong #3, with a chance to be a #2. There is no way he will be a #1 with the amount of walks he gives up.

If they acquired Gio w/o giving up any of the 4 SP, they would have the best rotation in the div, if not the league, and the best BP in the div. They would be very diff to beat in the div. Making the post season is all that matters.

tonyballs said:
batcave76 said:

Gonzalez walks way too many batters. I also think Turner is the real deal...
Turner would not only have to be good enough to make it to MLB and stick around, he would have to be better than Gio at some point, become a #3 starter at least. That's alot to expect. If GG was 30 or older, not under contract for yrs, i mite agree.

batcave76 said:
If they acquired Gio w/o giving up any of the 4 SP, they would have the best rotation in the div, if not the league, and the best BP in the div. They would be very diff to beat in the div. Making the post season is all that matters.

They could throw me and my mom on the team and we'd win the division. And once you get there, 2011, from now on its about winning the WS. So post season isn't all that matters.

batcave76 said:

Their rotation wouldn't be close to the Angels rotation even with Gonzalez.

mjsb2 said:
batcave76 said:

It would be close but I would still rather have the Angels.

mjsb2 said:
batcave76 said:

That's arguable. But best in the division, make the post season and anything can happen. Ask the Cardinals.

tomdalton22 said:
mjsb2 said:

Tigers would have a better one, Angels would have a better 2, 3, and 4.

mjsb2 said:
tomdalton22 said:

Tigers would have a better one, Angels would have a better 2, 3, and 4.

Looking at it a little more in depth I think the Angels would have a significantly better rotation. The #1's are pretty much a coin flip and 2-4 advantage Angels.

tonyballs said:
batcave76 said:

For some reason i don't get that feel with Turner. He is still developing but he is going to need a 2-seamer to take that step to elite prospect

So Detroit would have the 2nd, 3rd or 4th best rotation in the League. What are you knuckleheads trying to prove? Good lord, this is exhausting!

Maize&blue21 said:
tonyballs said:
For some reason i don't get that feel with Turner. He is still developing but he is going to need a 2-seamer to take that step to elite prospect
Everybody thought Andrew Miller would be lites out. I think the only thing more difficult than predicting a SP prospect's future is predicting a closer's.

kingofdetroit57 said:
tycobb420 said:
Rumor: Prado for DY 2.0 (Raburn the new full time LF???)

Rumor 2: Tigers in talks for Gio. Turner involved.
If we did these two moves then signed Cespedes or Beltran for LF, we'd be set.

Jackson - CF
Beltran/Cespedes - LF
Cabrera - 1B
VMart - DH
Boesch - RF
Peralta - SS
Avila - C
Prado - 2B
Cringe - 3B

Bench - Raburn, Kelly, Santiago, Laird

Rotation - JV, Fister, Gio, Max, Porcello

Pen - Balester, Coke, Al Al, Schlereth, Dotel, Benoit, Valverde

Wouldn't touch Beltran...unless it's a short deal. Unless they can pull a starting LF, I would not trade DY 2.0....I just have images of Raburn flinging that ball over the fence.

batcave76 said:
Spockmaster said:
i dont think id believe 97.1 if they said rain was wet.
They have those rumor teases everyday it seems. How many ever pan out?

Everyone does! It's the offseason. Does not mean the Tigs are inquiring.

tycobb420 said:
kingofdetroit57 said:
If we did these two moves then signed Cespedes or Beltran for LF, we'd be set.

Jackson - CF
Beltran/Cespedes - LF
Cabrera - 1B
VMart - DH
Boesch - RF
Peralta - SS
Avila - C
Prado - 2B
Cringe - 3B

Bench - Raburn, Kelly, Santiago, Laird

Rotation - JV, Fister, Gio, Max, Porcello

Pen - Balester, Coke, Al Al, Schlereth, Dotel, Benoit, Valverde

Wouldn't touch Beltran...unless it's a short deal. Unless they can pull a starting LF, I would not trade DY 2.0....I just have images of Raburn flinging that ball over the fence.

You wouldn't trade Young for Prado? You do realize if we don't add a 2B, Raburn is getting time at 2B. Plus, Prado is a nice ball player.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
tycobb420 said:

You wouldn't trade Young for Prado? You do realize if we don't add a 2B, Raburn is getting time at 2B. Plus, Prado is a nice ball player.

I would not make the trade unless they had another LF ready to go.

tycobb420 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

I would not make the trade unless they had another LF ready to go.

So Raburn gets 100 games in LEFT 25 at 2B or 25 in LEFT and 100 at 2B. Pick your poison.

Back