Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Quinn in as GM

If he says he hasn't spoken with Caldwell hes lying. There is zero chance he hasn't had a conversation with him yet. If he says he hasn't made a decision yet, that's a different story (and don't necessarily think I believe that either), but would atleast be more believable

I think you either do or don't at this point. Talking might be he appropriate thing to do but I can't imagine Quinn hasn't already made up his mind.

If he says he hasn't spoken with Caldwell hes lying. There is zero chance he hasn't had a conversation with him yet. If he says he hasn't made a decision yet, that's a different story (and don't necessarily think I believe that either), but would atleast be more believable

Speaking with someone in passing and speaking on behalf of your job are two different things. Caldwell is in Allen Park so it is possible they've met/'spoke' but as far as a sit down, 1 on 1 discussing the future of the team might not be as likely.

Speaking with someone in passing and speaking on behalf of your job are two different things. Caldwell is in Allen Park so it is possible they've met/'spoke' but as far as a sit down, 1 on 1 discussing the future of the team might not be as likely.

Right I agree with this.

He's speaking very well of Caldwell, but says there has been no timetable set for a decision.

The statement "I look forward to getting to know him and seeing if we can work together" tells me he's leaning towards keeping him. It's affirmative language instead of negative language.

I think hes nervous...you can tell hes young.

I think he's 39. Pretty darned young to be in his position, and he's spent a career with Bill doing these sessions instead of him.

I can't blame him for being nervous.

He's speaking very well of Caldwell, but says there has been no timetable set for a decision.

The statement "I look forward to getting to know him and seeing if we can work together" tells me he's leaning towards keeping him. It's affirmative language instead of negative language.

He's not going to say he sucks.. But I don't have him leaning that way based on what he said..

He's not going to say he sucks.. But I don't have him leaning that way based on what he said..

No, he's certainly not going to say anything like that. But his language in itself is very affirmative.

You might notice the lack of "buts" in his statement. Negative language would be something like "I respect what coach Caldwell has done, but no decisions have been made as yet".

Affirmative language is more "I respect coach Caldwell and I am looking forward to getting to know him".

The difference between the "and" and the "but" is really telling. His choice of words tells a lot.

I think he's 39. Pretty darned young to be in his position, and he's spent a career with Bill doing these sessions instead of him.

I can't blame him for being nervous.

oh I agree 100%, I cant blame him at all. I think his answers are pretty good so far.

Yeah, I don't really get that either from the statement. If anything, I think it means "I want my own guy, and let's just see if I can work with this dude."

Yeah, I don't really get that either from the statement. If anything, I think it means "I want my own guy, and let's just see if I can work with this dude."

it could really mean anything....cause he didn't say ANYTHING. It could mean Martha came in during his interview and said "youre 39....you want a gm job? youre keeping the current staff" for all we know....

I'm not watching (in Chicago today) but I think it is smart to say no time table. Let's face it, Caldwell is very well respected and has a lot of experience. To come in and can him today would not be wise on any level. Maybe they are headed in right direction.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think if not Caldwell, someone we would never expect. John Gruden?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back