Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Quinn in as GM

With the Lions, who knows? They could put out a presser at 2 AM, Dave Brandon style.

Lombardi wasn't bad because of not scoring a bunch against the best defenses. It was play calling. IMO, his worse asset was not being aggressive. Just sitting on the ball when you have leads. Allowing the other team to catch up.
Complex blocking schemes as well

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Complex blocking schemes as well

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

My biggest complaint......he seemed to be one of those coaches who liked his scheme and tried to fit players into IT.....not trying to fit his scheme to his players. I hate coaches that do that, in any sport. No reason to try to make CJ a possession receiver....or draft Ebron to run him on 3 yard outs. He clearly was awful at in game adjustments too.

Opponents knowing the play that's coming......untouched pass rushers.....wrong routes. It clearly was just a bad match. 27 games. 22 of them pretty damn bad. 3 of those 5 that had good numbers were the 3 games Lombardi faced Chicago.

Someone, forget who, said they guaranteed it would be yesterday or today. I honestly don't know.

That would be me. I thought an announcement would have been done by at least today. Quinn has a presser tomorrow and I expect an answer at this time...

In case anyone was wondering what Bob Quinn looks like he's my new Avatar. Although he looks more like someone you'd find at a convention for the film Avatar.

In case anyone was wondering what Bob Quinn looks like he's my new Avatar. Although he looks more like someone you'd find at a convention for the film Avatar.

Careful with that avatar juju Cheeno. I'd like to see the guy succeed. :tup:

That picture of Quinn, which I have seen everywhere, is about 9 years old.

This is the current one.

635879366310936013-new-Lions-GM.jpg

Good gawd he's so white he makes Opie look like Sug Knight.

Better guys? I only want to use the powers of the avatar for good.

I hope Caldwell gets canned tomorrow, I already have my next one setup

Back