Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Quinn in as GM

Swell. Had some hope now I'm extremely disappointed if Caldwell stays.

Keep the tradition going. Hope you guys enjoy another season of 10 guys on the field, blown challenges, and horrible coaching decisions. Maybe after they start horribly again, we'll see how many wins they can reel off to keep that positive energy.

"Accorsi said Caldwell's future will be determined by Quinn and we'll have to ask Quinn about that..

Take it for what it's worth.

That whole, "Stafford has had a zillion offensive coordinators throughout his career" is a complete gross exaggeration. He had the same guy for the first five years, including his best year in 2011.

I always hear that brought up about his justification for not getting into sync. And I would probably bet that every starting QB in the NFL has had different guys that he has to work with every couple of years, whether it be QB coach, offensive coordinator, o-line coach (which impacts the QB).

Who said that? Are you making a point to me, someone else or just in general?

I said it would be 3 in 2 years (if in fact that happens)....which is a fact.

Nah, general, not you in specific. I just hear that a ton about how Stafford has gone through a ton of coordinators, and it's one of those exaggerated points that is on the bottom of the totem pole of explaining why Stafford hasn't been that great.

"Ernie Accorsi said he was done consulting, but was convinced by Carolina owner Jerry Richardson and NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to help the Lions because of Martha Ford's commitment to get the franchise on the right track."

Last edited:
Keep the tradition going. Hope you guys enjoy another season of 10 guys on the field, blown challenges, and horrible coaching decisions. Maybe after they start horribly again, we'll see how many wins they can reel off to keep that positive energy.

My ideal situation.....fire Caldwell.....hire Austin as HC.....keep Cooter and bring in a young aggressive DC.

Just me.

Nah, general, not you in specific. I just hear that a ton about how Stafford has gone through a ton of coordinators, and it's one of those exaggerated points that is on the bottom of the totem pole of explaining why Stafford hasn't been that great.

I can't argue his first few years......though the one argument I'll make that is not said a lot is how aggressive Schwartz wanted Stafford to be. He very much wanted him to be a gunslinger, and that's what he was. I don't think there was a lot of teaching on how to be a "selectively aggressive" quarterback.

I think Lombardi was just the opposite. Wanted short completions, first downs, but very little aggressiveness down the field? Which is idiotic when you have a guy like Calvin Johnson.

I like Cooter because he seems to be a good mix of both. High completion percentages, but selectively aggressive down the field.

I'd be okay with your coaching opinion. I don't like Caldwell as a HC, period. His in-game stuff is just a travesty.

Personally, I want someone from the outside, but if it's a change from JC and it's Austin, I can dig it.

THAT is why Russell Wilson is better than Stafford. That play embodies everything that he is, and Stafford is not.

Busted play. That was more on the Vikings allowing a guy to be open. No one close to him. They basically just bumped him to get open. Bad play.

Yeah, do you think Stafford would have had the thought process to scoop it up, make a move in the pocket, roll to the right and throw it downfield??

Yeah, do you think Stafford would have had the thought process to scoop it up, make a move in the pocket, roll to the right and throw it downfield??

The guy was wide open. Are you blaming Matt because he's not that mobile? Neither is Peyton, or Brady, or Bree's etc.

In-fact not sure any of those 3 even get to the ball.

Last edited:
That play was 100 percent made by Wilson not freaking out, sliding through the pocket and buying himself time to find that guy. That's what makes him a great QB. That was less about his mobility and more about his intelligence and understanding of the field.

That play was 100 percent made by Wilson not freaking out, sliding through the pocket and buying himself time to find that guy. That's what makes him a great QB. That was less about his mobility and more about his intelligence and understanding of the field.

Still don't know what it has to do with Stafford.

Flawless thread derailment though. 10/10 execution. I thought I was in the Russell Wilson thread for a second.

Last edited:
Haha!!! My fault. Back to the topic.

Still waiting for coaching news. Bam, back on topic. Lol.

Back