Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Quinn in as GM

On a side note I did like what Quinn had to say. He seemed direct and to the point even though he said very little. Lol.

On a side note I did like what Quinn had to say. He seemed direct and to the point even though he said very little. Lol.

Agreed. Several of his answer were incredibly smart. He showed he has a lot of brains, and is someone ready to take that next step in his career.

Whether or not it works out remains to be seen, but I was very impressed with the presser.

That's him...lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I rather have a whole team of Caldwell's than John Gruden.
I was just saying he would probably pick someone we don't expect. I don't want John Gruden. I'll take Coughlin though, but he is as good as gone. Philly and 49er interviews.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If Caldwell is fired he is taking McDaniels.

I thought that too, but read a few articles that have stated that McDaniels knows he will probably only get one more shot at an NFL head coaching job......so he is looking for the best possible situation.

Is that Detroit???

I'm not sure about that.

I don't think McDaniels would be a sure thing if Caldwell is fired.

It just seems that's why they aren't in a hurry to can Caldwell and the reason McDaniels didn't have any interviews this weekend.

It just seems that's why they aren't in a hurry to can Caldwell and the reason McDaniels didn't have any interviews this weekend.

If what I read is true.....and I'm not saying it is......he didn't feel ANY opening this year was a good fit.

I guess I am just hoping that it is true, as I don't want anything to do with McDaniels being the next head coach.

If what I read is true.....and I'm not saying it is......he didn't feel ANY opening this year was a good fit.

I guess I am just hoping that it is true, as I don't want anything to do with McDaniels being the next head coach.

I am hoping he isn't our next coach also. I would rather just keep Caldwell than bring in McDaniels.

We aren't technically any opening. I don't know if I want McDaniels but I know I don't want another year of the statue on the sideline that is Caldwell.

We aren't technically any opening. I don't know if I want McDaniels but I know I don't want another year of the statue on the sideline that is Caldwell.

I went to the Raiders game last year. A bird landed on him shit on his shoulder ruffled its feathers and flew off. No word of a lie.

My position remains the same. Retain cooter and Austin and I could care less who our head coach is....including Caldwell who the players seem to like. If both coordinators leave....then it really makes no sense to keep Caldwell.

My position remains the same. Retain cooter and Austin and I could care less who our head coach is....including Caldwell who the players seem to like. If both coordinators leave....then it really makes no sense to keep Caldwell.

I feel the exact same way. However, if I were Quinn......I make it extraordinarily clear to coach Caldwell that his situational preparation needs to improve immediately. No more 10 men on the field or being completely unprepared for a Hail Mary. None. Or he's gone.

I feel the exact same way. However, if I were Quinn......I make it extraordinarily clear to coach Caldwell that his situational preparation needs to improve immediately. No more 10 men on the field or being completely unprepared for a Hail Mary. None. Or he's gone.

Why wait for his next miscue???

At this level those mistakes are inexcusable. Make those mistakes as a high school or juco coach, not as a NFL Head Coach.

McDaniels or Patricia on tap for Lions?

New Lions GM Bob Quinn said Patriots DC Matt Patricia and OC Josh McDaniels are "ready and willing to be head coaches."
These comments could prove telling if Quinn decides to move on from current Lions coach Jim Caldwell. Caldwell and Quinn met Monday, but no decision has been reached on his future. If Quinn decides to clean house, he almost certainly would target Patricia or McDaniels as his head coach. Patricia has already interviewed for the Browns while McDaniels is waiting until after the Patriots' playoff run to meet with other organizations.

McDaniels or Patricia on tap for Lions?

New Lions GM Bob Quinn said Patriots DC Matt Patricia and OC Josh McDaniels are "ready and willing to be head coaches."
These comments could prove telling if Quinn decides to move on from current Lions coach Jim Caldwell. Caldwell and Quinn met Monday, but no decision has been reached on his future. If Quinn decides to clean house, he almost certainly would target Patricia or McDaniels as his head coach. Patricia has already interviewed for the Browns while McDaniels is waiting until after the Patriots' playoff run to meet with other organizations.

Oh please no!

Telling ya, never a good idea to have a possible lame duck coach for a first year first time GM. Just get your own.

Back