Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Suh Negotiations

He blames Mayhew for everything though. It gets annoying....whatever. For every bad player he's brought in we can name a good one too.

I suspect Hughes himself has a list of good/solid/better than average players he could name off too. He won't, especially to you, but no one could be that much of a naysayer any more than LKP could really be dumb enough to believe he is the "most knowledgeable Lions fan ever".

It's obvious to me that mchughes loves getting a rise out of people. and I have to admit, it's sometimes fun to see him do it. He's damned good at it.

Hoopster was the guy TRYING to be the troll. Hughes pulls it off this panache and some quality arguments to boot. I respect the quality of his work. He goes the extra mile, and the shitty part is, he wins a good number of his arguments too.

But I don't for a minute think he really buys into everything he says.

Truthfully, I suspect Hughes.

LKP is the ultimate homer. Hughes is the ultimate naysayer.

You combine the two, you have an average Lions fan.

HAHA! It's a joke of course.... but it would make sense.

true

Pretty easy to find

4-2 was right. And the 2 losses were without Calvin on the road.

And 7-9 and 11-5 is pretty damn close. So many injuries and crazy losses. Hell just special teams for the Cards,Bengals and Ravens losses. We were damn close to 11-5. Get off your high horses because they happened to go 7-9 when they were clearly close to an 11-5 team. Turnovers and injuries screwed them. But they are 11-5 caliber if you actually watched. They did a ton right last year but it gets ignored way too much.

And 7-9 and 11-5 is pretty damn close. So many injuries and crazy losses. Hell just special teams for the Cards,Bengals and Ravens losses. We were damn close to 11-5. Get off your high horses because they happened to go 7-9 when they were clearly close to an 11-5 team. Turnovers and injuries screwed them. But they are 11-5 caliber if you actually watched. They did a ton right last year but it gets ignored way too much.

Yep, I see your point. 7-9 is DAMNED close to 11-5.

Except for wins and losses that is.

Always some excuse with you isn't it?

then y do u believe he says it?

Read the thread... I think he enjoys getting a rise out of people.

I've had a ton of conversations with the guy, and we disagree about half the time... but you never see him give me the kind of shit he gives others.

Why?

Well, I'd like to think mutual respect. I'd also like to think because I never lose my shit when he says something negative. Hughes and I can get along fine even when he takes the extreme negative and I take the extreme positive... which has happened.

But when people blow their top... why wouldn't it be fun to see how high you can make them skyrocket?

He predicted we would play 16 regular season games. He really was not concerned with the win/loss ratio.

So he was dead on.

maybe its the homer in me or just being overly optimistic, but i feel that detroit could make the playoffs this year

Informed reasons why we lost. Some pretty unlucky. The blocked FGs/bad punt against Cincy (especially reshuffling the special teams Oline due to injury) and Arizona, Calvin injuries in 2 road division losses, Tuckers miracle FG, plenty of injuries in the second half against Pittsburgh, Calvin fluke int off his hands, bad holding call by refs before the Tuck pick plus off Faurias hands to a safety out of position for a pick 6 and Bells fumbles in the blizzard. Closer to 11-5 than you think.

10-5 or 12-4 are both pretty damn close to 11-5. 7-9 is closer to 4-12 than it is to 11-5

As far as 4-2....I had them at 4-2 as well. The only thing is I predicted their 2nd 1/2 collapse because they had shown it to me the previous 4 years!

Week Date Opp
1 9/8 vs. Min W
2 9/15 @ Ari W
3 9/22 @ Was L
4 9/29 vs. Chi W
5 10/6 @ GB L
6 10/13 @ Cle W
7 10/20 vs. Cin L
8 10/27 vs. Dal W
9 Bye Week
10 11/10 @ Chi L
11 11/17 @ Pit L
12 11/24 vs. TB W
13 11/28 vs. GB L
14 12/8 @ Phi L
15 12/16 vs. Bal L
16 12/22 vs. NYG W
17 12/29 @ Min L

7-9

Informed reasons why we lost. Some pretty unlucky. The blocked FGs/bad punt against Cincy (especially reshuffling the special teams Oline due to injury) and Arizona, Calvin injuries in 2 road division losses, Tuckers miracle FG, plenty of injuries in the second half against Pittsburgh, Calvin fluke int off his hands, bad holding call by refs before the Tuck pick plus off Faurias hands to a safety out of position for a pick 6 and Bells fumbles in the blizzard. Closer to 11-5 than you think.

Let's see...

11-5 wins the division, easily in fact.

7-9 misses the playoffs and gets the coach fired and the #10 pick overall.

We did one of those things, and didn't do the other.

Further away from 11-5 than you think. Nice try to spin it... but the results are the same.. you are more wrong than right and just about every topic. And not by a small margin.

4 wins difference is 25% of the total difference. Maybe you forgot grade school, but if 100% was an A+... 75% was a C. You didn't even get a B. You aren't 25% as good as you think you are, but have 100% of the ego.

I suspect Hughes himself has a list of good/solid/better than average players he could name off too. He won't, especially to you, but no one could be that much of a naysayer any more than LKP could really be dumb enough to believe he is the "most knowledgeable Lions fan ever".

It's obvious to me that mchughes loves getting a rise out of people. and I have to admit, it's sometimes fun to see him do it. He's damned good at it.

Hoopster was the guy TRYING to be the troll. Hughes pulls it off this panache and some quality arguments to boot. I respect the quality of his work. He goes the extra mile, and the shitty part is, he wins a good number of his arguments too.

But I don't for a minute think he really buys into everything he says.

Ok, then he's insane then, right? lol

Read the thread... I think he enjoys getting a rise out of people.

I've had a ton of conversations with the guy, and we disagree about half the time... but you never see him give me the kind of shit he gives others.

Why?

Well, I'd like to think mutual respect. I'd also like to think because I never lose my shit when he says something negative. Hughes and I can get along fine even when he takes the extreme negative and I take the extreme positive... which has happened.

But when people blow their top... why wouldn't it be fun to see how high you can make them skyrocket?

ding ding ding! we have a winner. I enjoy the intelligent posters and being able to have a decent argument from the likes of cheeno, ink....and now even golfer is starting to seem like a level headed guy that can express thoughts and opinions. But I REALLY enjoy seeing people get all worked up lol. Its easy to win arguments when I know I can twist it a million ways to show im right....theres a bottom line when it comes to the GM position. Whats your record? Is your team showing progress? Mayhew is to me... like sarah palin was to Bill maher....just serves you ammo to dish over and over and over. I can agree with some of the decent things hes done....loved bush for one.....but then he litters in all these completely braindead things like mike Thomas and whitehead. His bottom line hasn't been good....his record sucks and were still stuck picking in the top 10. That's not good if youre a gm. He probably should have already been fired and if the team doesn't improve theres a good chance he gets canned in the near future. Now...with that being said....its hilarious to me that people will Dramatically argue how good of a job hes doing....cause its blatently obvious hes not. While its fun to talk with an intelligent poster about the reality of the situation. ITS REALLY fun getting a homer pissed off about his unrealistic viewpoints. Constantly disagreeing with the crazy out of touch homer has somehow automatically placed me in the "negative fan" category. But I like to think im still the realistic fan that has been accurately portraying this team as not very good and is just not optimistic about mayhew being the guy to turn it around. Coaching might not be a problem anymore....or it could be more of a problem depending on how 2 new coordinators work out. That's still a questionmark at best. Free agency was meh..same team pretty much with a upgrade at #2 wr from durham, safety is a wash imo. Mayhew has to knock it out of the park with this draft and the coaching has to prove to be better than the last regime in order for this team to be any better than the previous versions.

Last edited:
ding ding ding! we have a winner. I enjoy the intelligent posters and being able to have a decent argument from the likes of cheeno, ink....and now even golfer is starting to seem like a level headed guy that can express thoughts and opinions. But I REALLY enjoy seeing people get all worked up lol. Its easy to win arguments when I know I can twist it a million ways to show im right....theres a bottom line when it comes to the GM position. Whats your record? Is your team showing progress? Mayhew is to me... like sarah palin was to Bill maher....just serves you ammo to dish over and over and over. I can agree with some of the decent things hes done....loved bush for one.....but then he litters in all these completely braindead things like mike Thomas and whitehead. His bottom line hasn't been good....his record sucks and were still stuck picking in the top 10. That's not good if youre a gm. He probably should have already been fired and if the team doesn't improve theres a good chance he gets canned in the near future. Now...with that being said....its hilarious to me that people will Dramatically argue how good of a job hes doing....cause its blatently obvious hes not. While its fun to talk with an intelligent poster about the reality of the situation. ITS REALLY fun getting a homer pissed off about his unrealistic viewpoints. Constantly disagreeing with the crazy out of touch homer has somehow automatically placed me in the "negative fan" category. But I like to think im still the realistic fan that has been accurately portraying this team as not very good and is just not optimistic about mayhew being the guy to turn it around. Coaching might not be a problem anymore....or it could be more of a problem depending on how 2 new coordinators work out. That's still a questionmark at best. Free agency was meh..same team pretty much with a upgrade at #2 wr from durham, safety is a wash imo. Mayhew has to knock it out of the park with this draft and the coaching has to prove to be better than the last regime in order for this team to be any better than the previous versions.

I knew all that... but are you LKP?

I knew all that... but are you LKP?

id punch myself in the face if I was lkp lol. '

Look, ive practically been begging for mayhew to prove me wrong all these years. And just to point out...even when we made the playoffs I didn't think we were a good team....I thought we had an average season with a couple miracle wins that allowed us the pleasure of getting to the playoffs and get blown the fuck out lol. Is that really something to hang your hat on? So for me....nothing really has changed in the last half decade hes been here. All the guy has to do is put together a winner and I wouldn't be able to say shit lol.....Every stupid mike Thomas move wouldn't matter if he was winning. Every draft pick he pisses away....every FA he signs....I wouldn't be able to say shit. But the dude loses....a lot. So for me...hes a loser....

This team is Super Bowl caliber. I don't care what their record ended up being or the % of anything. They're loaded with talent and should have won at least 11 if not for injuries and turnovers.

This team is Super Bowl caliber. I don't care what their record ended up being or the % of anything. They're loaded with talent and should have won at least 11 if not for injuries and turnovers.

What injuries do you keep talking about?...we had very very few injuries. And why is it not mayhews fault we don't have people that can come in and step up once those injuries take place? Those "talented" people you keep talking about caused all those turnovers. We had "talent" literally ducking out of the way, throwing the ball on the ground cause they were afraid to take it with them out of bounds, and who knows what the hell Stafford was doing the 2nd half of the season.

Back