Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Suh Negotiations

He will be extended still. They are negotiating as we speak. I knew we were good cap wise and I was right. Active in free agency even with Suh at a 22 million number. Great job Lewand/Mayhew.

I look forward to you all shutting the hell up when we make the playoffs this year and advance far in the playoffs.

You stated extended and restructure. You were talking about how much money we could save this year. You didn't start talking extension until recently. A restructure was always your mindset.

The thing is in your mind you can't be wrong. Because if we don't make the playoffs there will be excuses. Injuries, bad bounces, etc. So it won't be the lions fault.

You stated extended and restructure. You were talking about how much money we could save this year. You didn't start talking extension until recently. A restructure was always your mindset.

The thing is in your mind you can't be wrong. Because if we don't make the playoffs there will be excuses. Injuries, bad bounces, etc. So it won't be the lions fault.

There is only extension you idiot. I never said anything about a restructure. You don't restructure with one year left. Get your freaking facts straight. It's posts like yours why I KNOW that I know more than all of you combined.

12th completion % allowed
Tied 17th ints
13th in TDs allowed

Despite injuries to Houston giving up some deep balls and Slay having typical rookie struggles early but doing better the last 2 games he played, Lions secondary was middle of the pack with lots of room to improve. Mathis played well and is back, Houston can get back to 2011/2012 form, Greenwood did well in the last2 games and Slay can improve in year 2. Plus Ihedigbo improves over Delmas and another strong year from Quin at a more natural free safety (former CB). Plus new and improved coaching with Austin.

Top 5 secondary in Detroit in 2014.

Ihedigbo improves over Delmas against the run, he's a significant downgrade in pass coverage.

And how do you figure the secondary improves due to Austin. Austin is not the secondary coach, he's a first time defensive coordinator.

His secondary ranked 11th against the pass last season with clearly superior corners. And now that is somehow corollary evidence that as a D-Coordinator he will improve the Lions somehow?

Do you just make shit up in the world like you do on these forums and insist it's fact too?

Ihedigbo improves over Delmas against the run, he's a significant downgrade in pass coverage.

And how do you figure the secondary improves due to Austin. Austin is not the secondary coach, he's a first time defensive coordinator.

His secondary ranked 11th against the pass last season with clearly superior corners. And now that is somehow corollary evidence that as a D-Coordinator he will improve the Lions somehow?

Do you just make shit up in the world like you do on these forums and insist it's fact too?

Quin at free safety improves over Delmas. Ihedigbo will do fine in coverage with the Lions pass rush. Houston back to 2011/2012 form and Slay in year 2. Big upgrades over themselves.

Austin will be aggressive and that will pay huge dividends for the Lions. I don't care if he's never been an NFL DC before. Young fresh mind over Gunther.

There is only extension you idiot. I never said anything about a restructure. You don't restructure with one year left. Get your freaking facts straight. It's posts like yours why I KNOW that I know more than all of you combined.

Since you know more then all of us explain this comment you made below. You may of said extension but you wante to roll in a restructure of his final year on top of that. So while you may of never said restructure, that is essentially what you did mean.

Suh can be 14 million cap number this year with an extension(8 million in room) and 17 million next year.

http://detroitsportsforum.com/showthread.php?p=413941&highlight=Extension#post413941

Since you know more then all of us explain this comment you made below. You may of said extension but you wante to roll in a restructure of his final year on top of that. So while you may of never said restructure, that is essentially what you did mean.

Suh can be 14 million cap number this year with an extension(8 million in room) and 17 million next year.

http://detroitsportsforum.com/showthread.php?p=413941&highlight=Extension#post413941

An extension changes the 2014 cap number you dope. Just because you don't understand how it works, doesn't make me wrong or make it seem like I thought they would restructure. They are working on an extension now. It's clear you are clueless how it works if you think that is a restructure.

An extension changes the 2014 cap number you dope. Just because you don't understand how it works, doesn't make me wrong or make it seem like I thought they would restructure. They are working on an extension now. It's clear you are clueless how it works if you think that is a restructure.

And LKP once again process how stupid he is.

By our definition alone am extension has nothing at all to do with 2014. It simply adds additional years.

To change the 2014 numbers requires a restructure of this year and an extension.

He already knows he's wrong and changing what he said and he's just trying to argue why he's right anyway. Same as always with this guy.

Easily the most full of shit poster on our board ever and everyone here knows it too.

Alyx should stay a poll on this one. Seriously. I am betting the response would be overwhelming.

Of course LKP is actually dumb enough to believe we all just don't understand his genius.

Also I just want to add that it amazes me how he can argue that Houston will return to form and in that link advocate cutting him.

If Houston is part of the "top secondary in football" as LKP claims and making about 5 million next year, very cheap for a top corner, why would we cut him?

Must be more of that misunderstood logic that makes him so brilliant. Cut the good talent. Sign the bad talent.

We want to know who LKP really is? He's apparently Matt Millen.

And LKP once again process how stupid he is.

By our definition alone am extension has nothing at all to do with 2014. It simply adds additional years.

To change the 2014 numbers requires a restructure of this year and an extension.

He already knows he's wrong and changing what he said and he's just trying to argue why he's right anyway. Same as always with this guy.

Easily the most full of shit poster on our board ever and everyone here knows it too.

Alyx should stay a poll on this one. Seriously. I am betting the response would be overwhelming.

Of course LKP is actually dumb enough to believe we all just don't understand his genius.

No. A restructure converts base salary into a signing bonus and is spread over the remainder of the contract. With one year remaining, a restructure is impossible.

An extension can and always will change the current year because you can change the base salary and spread the new signing bonus over 5 years, plus have other bonuses like roster or option bonuses.

The fact that you guys even bring up the word restrucutre to this situation shows me that you have no freaking clue how it works.

No. A restructure converts base salary into a signing bonus and is spread over the remainder of the contract. With one year remaining, a restructure is impossible.

An extension can and always will change the current year because you can change the base salary and spread the new signing bonus over 5 years, plus have other bonuses like roster or option bonuses.

The fact that you guys even bring up the word restrucutre to this situation shows me that you have no freaking clue how it works.

And I rest my case. Make up bullshit. Try to solidify it with an insult or two. Insist you know more.

The LKP recipe for trying to look like you know what you are taking about.

You've exposed yourself as a moron dude. Future discussion only strengthens that opinion now. Let it go before you look even dumber.

Last edited:
And I rest my case. Make up bullshit. Try to solidify it with an insult or two. Insist you know more.

The LKP recipe for trying to look like you know what you are taking about.

You've exposed yourself as a moron dude. Future discussion only strengthens that opinion now. Let it go before you look even dumber.

You can deflect all you want bro. I gave you the factual definition of restructure. I'm right because what I said was factual.

I like test my case better..

On a side note, where is Sierra Vista?

You can argue terminology all you want. Regardless originally you wanted to reduce his 2014 cap number, now you are saying that we shouldn't adjust his cap number. Bottom line is you finally came around to my logical thought process.

I like test my case better..

On a side note, where is Sierra Vista?

About 80 miles Southeast of Tucson. Right on the border.

If you've heard anything about the Brown Fire currently going on that's my back yard.

You can argue terminology all you want. Regardless originally you wanted to reduce his 2014 cap number, now you are saying that we shouldn't adjust his cap number. Bottom line is you finally came around to my logical thought process.

They can still reduce his 2014 cap number. Wasn't necessary earlier in free agency with the increase in cap. Good for the Lions. Now they can make 2015 his lowest cap number year. There are plenty of options and I have desribed all the options properly. I have never been wrong on the Suh options.

Last edited:
About 80 miles Southeast of Tucson. Right on the border.

If you've heard anything about the Brown Fire currently going on that's my back yard.

That's aways from where I am.

I saw on the news about the fire. It seems to be better contained than earlier but still scary I suspect for the people in that area..

That's aways from where I am.

I saw on the news about the fire. It seems to be better contained than earlier but still scary I suspect for the people in that area..

People here are shitting themselves over it. Not because there is any real danger to homes yet, but because the scars of the Monument Fire are still to fresh.

That was the years ago and the damage is still visible. I have friends whose homes aren't rebuilt yet.

That was ugly. This is just a reminder.

People here are shitting themselves over it. Not because there is any real danger to homes yet, but because the scars of the Monument Fire are still to fresh.

That was the years ago and the damage is still visible. I have friends whose homes aren't rebuilt yet.

That was ugly. This is just a reminder.

Wasn't around then so I'm not familiar but must have been horrible.

Wasn't around then so I'm not familiar but must have been horrible.

Nearly a month of evacuating the city section by section. Saw the highway out here engulfed in 40 foot high flames. Glow off the mountains was so big and bright you could actually sit outside and read your newspaper with no additional lighting.

Yeah, it was unreal. It was like living in a bad disaster movie and watching it frame by frame.

Back