Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Suh Negotiations

This team is Super Bowl caliber. I don't care what their record ended up being or the % of anything. They're loaded with talent and should have won at least 11 if not for injuries and turnovers.

how about you wait until they win one playoff game before you call them "Super Bowl caliber"

great...now it sounds like im arguing with myself. Mitch, post the IP addresses lol...

id punch myself in the face if I was lkp lol. '

Look, ive practically been begging for mayhew to prove me wrong all these years. And just to point out...even when we made the playoffs I didn't think we were a good team....I thought we had an average season with a couple miracle wins that allowed us the pleasure of getting to the playoffs and get blown the fuck out lol. Is that really something to hang your hat on? So for me....nothing really has changed in the last half decade hes been here. All the guy has to do is put together a winner and I wouldn't be able to say shit lol.....Every stupid mike Thomas move wouldn't matter if he was winning. Every draft pick he pisses away....every FA he signs....I wouldn't be able to say shit. But the dude loses....a lot. So for me...hes a loser....

See what I mean Tony? You can love Mayhew, or you can hate him. You wonder if he's a good GM having bad luck, or a bad GM who's gotten lucky with some early picks and blown the rest.

But in the end, McHughes logic is impossible to argue with. Mayhew has a losing record, and ugly losing record at that.

The sad part is, I haven't disagreed with many of his picks when he's made them. I've agreed with most of his trades when he's made them. I was even okay with bringing in Best, because the doctors cleared him, every team's doctors cleared him, and they should know more about his health than any GM. I've more often than not liked his free agent signings.

But in the end, a lot of his picks haven't worked out. About half his trades have failed. His free agent signings haven't righted the ship yet.

But, Huhges ole buddy...

For every Mike Thomas, there is an Alphonso Smith, and that deal was a good one. We got a hell of a lot more value out of his 8 INTs than Denver got out of Dan Gronkowski.

He traded for Chris Houston, and we've gotten far more value than the 6th and 7th round picks we gave up for him. He's been a starter for three years here, two of them at a pretty good level, and one injury riddled season.

He was the GM who traded Roy Williams and a 7th rounder for a 1st, a 3rd, and a 6th. He robbed Dallas blind in that deal.

He traded Cory Redding for Julian Peterson. You can argue if Julian was really an upgrade, but you can't argue that Cory wasn't worth the seven years, $49 million that Millen gave him, so he shed a lot of bullshit salary in that move.

He signed Stephan Tulloch. Not much more needs to be said there.

He gave up a 5th round choice for Corey Williams, who started here for two years, and has been a heck of a player in rotation. We'd have never gotten that much value out of a 5th rounder.

He traded Robert Henderson for Rob Sims. Henderson never made it off the practice squad and Sims has been one of the better LGs in the game for a number of years for us.

He traded away a 7th round pick for Shaun Hill. We got one of the best backups in the game for a measly 7th rounder, and the guy ended up starting many games for us, and won a few of them too.

You can bring up deals like Mike Thomas all day, but there is a laundry list of positives for Mayhew right there. This team wouldn't be close to being better than the Millen years without the trades and signings Mayhew has made.

He's been good for the Lions, even though he's had his flops too.

This team is Super Bowl caliber. I don't care what their record ended up being or the % of anything. They're loaded with talent and should have won at least 11 if not for injuries and turnovers.

Right.. forget what they actually DID on the field. Forget the penalties, turnovers, missed opportunities, late season meltdowns, questionable coaching decisions, bad throws, dropped balls, fumbles, fines, and the fact that several players can't control their weight or play with consistency....

They easily should have won 11 games because LKP says so, and that's what matters dammit.

Right.. forget what they actually DID on the field. Forget the penalties, turnovers, missed opportunities, late season meltdowns, questionable coaching decisions, bad throws, dropped balls, fumbles, fines, and the fact that several players can't control their weight or play with consistency....

They easily should have won 11 games because LKP says so, and that's what matters dammit.

You know they are that talented. Don't deny it

You know they are that talented. Don't deny it

There are only three people in the entire world who believe that. You, and the two moronic voices in your head.

That includes Mayhew, Caldwell, and the entire 53 man roster.

A team with ONE playoff win since 1957... thats 57 years... and you think they are a Super Bowl team.

You live in this little fantasy world of yours where things are as you see them to be, and somehow you have convinced yourself that the majority of other people agree with you.

The fact is there is nothing that agrees with you. Not history. Not math. Not anything.

You are looney as they fucking come.

There are only three people in the entire world who believe that. You, and the two moronic voices in your head.

That includes Mayhew, Caldwell, and the entire 53 man roster.

A team with ONE playoff win since 1957... thats 57 years... and you think they are a Super Bowl team.

You live in this little fantasy world of yours where things are as you see them to be, and somehow you have convinced yourself that the majority of other people agree with you.

The fact is there is nothing that agrees with you. Not history. Not math. Not anything.

You are looney as they fucking come.

You're looney for using the last 57 years for 2014. This team is loaded with talent and this roster has nothing to do with any of the past losing. Play changes from game to game and is based on talent and coaching. The Lions have plenty of both.

You're looney for using the last 57 years for 2014. This team is loaded with talent and this roster has nothing to do with any of the past losing. Play changes from game to game and is based on talent and coaching. The Lions have plenty of both.

this roster has a lot to do with the losing in 2013. The 2013 roster had a lot to do with the losing in 2012. The ownership has a lot to do with the losing over the past 57 years.

this roster has a lot to do with the losing in 2013. The 2013 roster had a lot to do with the losing in 2012. The ownership has a lot to do with the losing over the past 57 years.

Dead Mr. Ford?

And you are right. 2013 a team loaded with talent and potential now has better coaches and is very mad and motivated from their injuries, turnovers and close losses. They are going to destroy so many teams because of it. Can't wait. 19-0 is on the table

Dead Mr. Ford?

And you are right. 2013 a team loaded with talent and potential now has better coaches and is very mad and motivated from their injuries, turnovers and close losses. They are going to destroy so many teams because of it. Can't wait. 19-0 is on the table

They only play 4 preseason games, not 19.

See what I mean Tony? You can love Mayhew, or you can hate him. You wonder if he's a good GM having bad luck, or a bad GM who's gotten lucky with some early picks and blown the rest.

But in the end, McHughes logic is impossible to argue with. Mayhew has a losing record, and ugly losing record at that.

The sad part is, I haven't disagreed with many of his picks when he's made them. I've agreed with most of his trades when he's made them. I was even okay with bringing in Best, because the doctors cleared him, every team's doctors cleared him, and they should know more about his health than any GM. I've more often than not liked his free agent signings.

But in the end, a lot of his picks haven't worked out. About half his trades have failed. His free agent signings haven't righted the ship yet.

But, Huhges ole buddy...

For every Mike Thomas, there is an Alphonso Smith, and that deal was a good one. We got a hell of a lot more value out of his 8 INTs than Denver got out of Dan Gronkowski.

He traded for Chris Houston, and we've gotten far more value than the 6th and 7th round picks we gave up for him. He's been a starter for three years here, two of them at a pretty good level, and one injury riddled season.

He was the GM who traded Roy Williams and a 7th rounder for a 1st, a 3rd, and a 6th. He robbed Dallas blind in that deal.

He traded Cory Redding for Julian Peterson. You can argue if Julian was really an upgrade, but you can't argue that Cory wasn't worth the seven years, $49 million that Millen gave him, so he shed a lot of bullshit salary in that move.

He signed Stephan Tulloch. Not much more needs to be said there.

He gave up a 5th round choice for Corey Williams, who started here for two years, and has been a heck of a player in rotation. We'd have never gotten that much value out of a 5th rounder.

He traded Robert Henderson for Rob Sims. Henderson never made it off the practice squad and Sims has been one of the better LGs in the game for a number of years for us.

He traded away a 7th round pick for Shaun Hill. We got one of the best backups in the game for a measly 7th rounder, and the guy ended up starting many games for us, and won a few of them too.

You can bring up deals like Mike Thomas all day, but there is a laundry list of positives for Mayhew right there. This team wouldn't be close to being better than the Millen years without the trades and signings Mayhew has made.

He's been good for the Lions, even though he's had his flops too.

people always want to look at the ngeative and never think about the good he has done as well.

with all these depth problems and u say it is loaded? the CB Corp was one of the worse in football and you say it is loaded????

with all these depth problems and u say it is loaded? the CB Corp was one of the worse in football and you say it is loaded????

Mathis, Green and Greenwood played well when called upon. And it wasn't one of the worst pass defenses in football.

Mathis, Green and Greenwood played well when called upon. And it wasn't one of the worst pass defenses in football.

20th in yards per attempt
19th in rating allowed
23rd in yards allowed

not one of the worst but definitely towards the bottom 1/3 of the league

LKP forgets to look at the lucky bounces we get.
Cutler playing hurt over Mccown. Aaron Rodgers being injured. Dallas LT holding when they are simply trying to run out the clock.

Plus he takes both sides of an argument. Just look at his position on Suh contract. It's changed from we must/and it will happen that we will extend and restructure, since I know more about the cap than anyone. Now his position it was a briliant move to not extend and restructure because I know more about the cap than anyone.

Before he tries to weasel out, he was on the extend restructure train well after we knew about the higher cap.

I'm looking forward to how he explains Tate going from a sure handed receiver to a guy that has 6 or 7 drops, but not blaming stafford for it. Since drops are not his fault what so ever.

20th in yards per attempt
19th in rating allowed
23rd in yards allowed

not one of the worst but definitely towards the bottom 1/3 of the league

13 games thru the season the numbers were alot worse than that. Then we allowed some rb from min no one has ever heard of run all over us.

I'm looking forward to how he explains Tate going from a sure handed receiver to a guy that has 6 or 7 drops, but not blaming stafford for it. Since drops are not his fault what so ever.

Barometric pressure. Sun was in his eyes even though it was a home dome game. El Nino. Santa Ana winds made their way to detroit. Stuff like that....

Couldn't possibly be that russel wilson throws a great ball and stafford throws inaccurate piss rods....

LKP forgets to look at the lucky bounces we get.
Cutler playing hurt over Mccown. Aaron Rodgers being injured. Dallas LT holding when they are simply trying to run out the clock.

Plus he takes both sides of an argument. Just look at his position on Suh contract. It's changed from we must/and it will happen that we will extend and restructure, since I know more about the cap than anyone. Now his position it was a briliant move to not extend and restructure because I know more about the cap than anyone.

Before he tries to weasel out, he was on the extend restructure train well after we knew about the higher cap.

He will be extended still. They are negotiating as we speak. I knew we were good cap wise and I was right. Active in free agency even with Suh at a 22 million number. Great job Lewand/Mayhew.

I look forward to you all shutting the hell up when we make the playoffs this year and advance far in the playoffs.

12th completion % allowed
Tied 17th ints
13th in TDs allowed

Despite injuries to Houston giving up some deep balls and Slay having typical rookie struggles early but doing better the last 2 games he played, Lions secondary was middle of the pack with lots of room to improve. Mathis played well and is back, Houston can get back to 2011/2012 form, Greenwood did well in the last2 games and Slay can improve in year 2. Plus Ihedigbo improves over Delmas and another strong year from Quin at a more natural free safety (former CB). Plus new and improved coaching with Austin.

Top 5 secondary in Detroit in 2014.

Back