Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Suh Negotiations

20th in yards per attempt
19th in rating allowed
23rd in yards allowed

not one of the worst but definitely towards the bottom 1/3 of the league

Chris Houston was one of the worst cbs in the league last year if not THE worst. I think the best game I watched the Lions D play last year was one Chris Houston did not see the field. I hope Green, Slay, and Bentley end up with a majority of the pt this year, with Greenwood playing in spots. If it takes Chris Houston and Mathis breaking their legs, then I'm hopeful that happens.

Last edited:
Chris Houston was one of the worst cbs in the league last year if not THE worst. I think the best game I watched the Lions D play last year was one Chris Houston did not see the field. I hope Green, Slay, and Bentley end up with a majority of the pt this year, with Greenwood playing in spots. If it takes Chris Houston and Mathis breaking their legs, then I'm hopeful that happens.

If Green is expected to get PT than I don't see why Gilbert wouldn't be the pick at 10. If they are over Houston then you need to try to upgrade over Green. Unfortunately, I don't think they are over Houston.

12th completion % allowed
Tied 17th ints
13th in TDs allowed

Despite injuries to Houston giving up some deep balls and Slay having typical rookie struggles early but doing better the last 2 games he played, Lions secondary was middle of the pack with lots of room to improve. Mathis played well and is back, Houston can get back to 2011/2012 form, Greenwood did well in the last2 games and Slay can improve in year 2. Plus Ihedigbo improves over Delmas and another strong year from Quin at a more natural free safety (former CB). Plus new and improved coaching with Austin.

Top 5 secondary in Detroit in 2014.

what kind of crack are u smoking? i think most of us expect for 15-20th in the league. and u say top 5???? can i have the number to your discount pharmacist?

i still hope they draft Gilbert. but i understand with them resigning Mathis, bringing in Vaughn, Slay last year and the face that they can't dump Houston yet

Houston had injuries pretty much the whole year

I remember way back when when Peterman was a probowl guard (he was never that good) except he had an injured foot. He went on to suck for us for another half decade before mercifully he was replaced by a rookie upgrade. I feel like I am reliving this nightmare with Houston.

I remember way back when when Peterman was a probowl guard (he was never that good) except he had an injured foot. He went on to suck for us for another half decade before mercifully he was replaced by a rookie upgrade. I feel like I am reliving this nightmare with Houston.

i missed peterman's pro bowl, houston decent if healthy

Peterman was good in 2009 and 2011. Sucked in 2010 and 2012.

Houston was solid in 2010, good in 2011/2012 and injured in 2013. Not the same situation at all.

Peterman was good in 2009 and 2011. Sucked in 2010 and 2012.

Houston was solid in 2010, good in 2011/2012 and injured in 2013. Not the same situation at all.

Just cause youre a less smelly piece of poo....doesn't mean youre any less of a piece of poo.

Houston hit FA twice now and heard crickets.....every GM in the league has stated by actions that he is not a good corner. Except our GM.....who continues to start poo on his defense and then after the fact gives some spiel about how he "severely misjudged the talent on the roster" REALLY? youre the fucking GM....that's your job!

Just cause youre a less smelly piece of poo....doesn't mean youre any less of a piece of poo.

Houston hit FA twice now and heard crickets.....every GM in the league has stated by actions that he is not a good corner. Except our GM.....who continues to start poo on his defense and then after the fact gives some spiel about how he "severely misjudged the talent on the roster" REALLY? youre the fucking GM....that's your job!

I think you say poo a little too much but this is telling. No one wants Houston, not even a cheap offer came his way. For two years. Then we sign him to a long deal. One year because we don't have much else but not the deal he got.

Last edited:
Houston was signed before free agency started last year. You people have no clue what his offers were in the open negotiation window. 2011 was after the lockout after only a solid 2010. We were lucky to have Houston in 2011 and 2012 cheap. Great signing

And the pats wanted Houston so fuck you

http://musketfire.com/2013/03/12/new-england-patriots-looking-at-cb-chris-houston/

and what about his FA before that? when like 10 corners were signed before him and he was still there.....

and yes we do know what the offers were cause he didn't accept any of them and took our mediocre at best deal.

He stayed here rather than go to NE? I don't buy that, NE didn't offer him shit.

Voluntary workouts with a new coaching staff it would have been nice if he had showed up. Getting in shape on your own is viable but a new offensive and defensive scheme you'd think he'd want to be there for that.

and what about his FA before that? when like 10 corners were signed before him and he was still there.....

and yes we do know what the offers were cause he didn't accept any of them and took our mediocre at best deal.

Lockout changed free agency. And at that time Houston was just off one solid year. Detroit was lucky to get him back cheap in 2011. And he produced in 2011 and 2012

Lions GM Martin Mayhew said he remains confident in LCB Chris Houston.
Mayhew has no other choice after handing Houston a five-year, $25 million deal last March. Houston followed it up with his worst season. He battled leg, hamstring, foot and toe injuries throughout the season and was benched at one point. Houston recorded just nine pass breakups and two interceptions, while grading out as Pro Football Focus' No. 96 corner out of 110 qualifiers. Cornerback is right next to wide receiver at the top of Mayhew's needs list. Feb 28 - 10:33 AM
Source: Oakland Press

In 2012 he was nearly as crappy.

Last edited:
Lockout changed free agency. And at that time Houston was just off one solid year. Detroit was lucky to get him back cheap in 2011. And he produced in 2011 and 2012

its not luck you douche lol. its.... no OTHER frikken team offered him ANYTHING worthwhile. How do I know? CAUSE HES still HERE!!!! cbs were getting signed left n right......not him. Lockout didn't change shit. You like a guy, you offer him money, he signs with you...just like the 10 guys before him.

Lions GM Martin Mayhew said he remains confident in LCB Chris Houston.
Mayhew has no other choice after handing Houston a five-year, $25 million deal last March. Houston followed it up with his worst season. He battled leg, hamstring, foot and toe injuries throughout the season and was benched at one point. Houston recorded just nine pass breakups and two interceptions, while grading out as Pro Football Focus' No. 96 corner out of 110 qualifiers. Cornerback is right next to wide receiver at the top of Mayhew's needs list. Feb 28 - 10:33 AM
Source: Oakland Press

In 2012 he was nearly as crappy.

wind....

its not luck you douche lol. its.... no OTHER frikken team offered him ANYTHING worthwhile. How do I know? CAUSE HES still HERE!!!! cbs were getting signed left n right......not him. Lockout didn't change shit. You like a guy, you offer him money, he signs with you...just like the 10 guys before him.

You have no clue what he was offered. Pats were interested but he resigned before free agency opened in 2013. He produced in 2011/2012 so lucky to get him back. He will produce in 2014

Back