Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Suh Negotiations

I may seem like a douche because I know more than all of you. But I'm not.

really???/ name the former President of the USA that was contacted bythe Detroit Lions to play for them in the 1930s. btw that President played Center. that president chose to study law at yale instead

That's like asking who was the last player cut in the 1961 season. Or who was the backup TE in 1953 off the top of your head..

It's actually a brutally easy question considering only 1 president around that time played football and he did it in this state.

Regardless, any trivia is pointless because of Google.

That's like asking who was the last player cut in the 1961 season. Or who was the backup TE in 1953 off the top of your head..

this is more narrowed down then that mitch and if llkp is as smart as he claims he could answer it easily. i mean how many US presidents could have played Football in the 30s

If Green is expected to get PT than I don't see why Gilbert wouldn't be the pick at 10. If they are over Houston then you need to try to upgrade over Green. Unfortunately, I don't think they are over Houston.

Upgrade? How bout they actually develop these young corners, instead of rolling with these old turds? Honestly think the Lions are set at corner, WITHOUT Houston or Mathis on the field. The fact that Green sat on the sidelines for how many weeks last year, then came in and outplayed Houston with ease got me over Houstons injury very quickly. Last year's shortcomings at corner seemed fixed or at least vastly improved, with Houston off the field.

Green, Slay, Bentley, Greenwood. No early round pick needs to be wasted in the next 5 years on a corner, barring injury, imo. Hopefully the Lions sort this all out by the time the regular season starts. I don't expect Houston to be a starter, and expect Mathis to play only in spots as the season progresses. Chris Houston shouldve lost his job numerous times last year. He went from one of my favorite Lions to one of my least liked in a matter of one season.

Last edited:
Upgrade? How bout they actually develop these young corners, instead of rolling with these old turds? Honestly think the Lions are set at corner, WITHOUT Houston or Mathis on the field. The fact that Green sat on the sidelines for how many weeks last year, then came in and outplayed Houston with ease got me over Houstons injury very quickly. Last year's shortcomings at corner seemed fixed or at least vastly improved, with Houston off the field.

Green, Slay, Bentley, Greenwood. No early round pick needs to be wasted in the next 5 years on a corner, barring injury, imo. Hopefully the Lions sort this all out by the time the regular season starts. I don't expect Houston to be a starter, and expect Mathis to play only in spots as the season progresses. Chris Houston shouldve lost his job numerous times last year. He went from one of my favorite Lions to one of my least liked in a matter of one season.

Houston played hurt. You will like him again in 2014.

You are an absolute moron if you think Suh sucked last year. My goodness I can't believe you are that stupid.

welp....im looking at comparable numbers at what guys statistically do on the dline from people that make as much as he does. My findings show that he sucked last year. Now if you want to counter with his hurry and double team rate then go right ahead...but if you get paid that much you better frikken figure it out and actually GET to the qb or actually MAKE the tackle in the backfield. Not just come close to doing it...

welp....im looking at comparable numbers at what guys statistically do on the dline from people that make as much as he does. My findings show that he sucked last year. Now if you want to counter with his hurry and double team rate then go right ahead...but if you get paid that much you better frikken figure it out and actually GET to the qb or actually MAKE the tackle in the backfield. Not just come close to doing it...

Suh has plenty of QB hits too. Strong in run defense. Tons of hurries that lead to picks. He is a game changer. Not just about sacks which is tougher from the DT position anyway compared to DE/OLB. Look at the whole picture. And Suh makes 12 million per year due to the old CBA. Restructured twice to get us Quin,Bush,Levy on this team. Still active in free agency with a 22 million Suh cap number. He's worthy every penny.

Suh has plenty of QB hits too. Strong in run defense. Tons of hurries that lead to picks. He is a game changer. Not just about sacks which is tougher from the DT position anyway compared to DE/OLB. Look at the whole picture. And Suh makes 12 million per year due to the old CBA. Restructured twice to get us Quin,Bush,Levy on this team. Still active in free agency with a 22 million Suh cap number. He's worthy every penny.

active in fa is a joke. tate and ihedigbo makes you "active in FA?" lmao

hurries that lead to what picks?...we sucked ass at causing turnovers last year...mainly because the dline was awful at getting to the qb.

Whole picture? If suh was eating all these doubles than fairley ansah and the rest of the dline should be teeing off on the qb. But they weren't.....and we were near the bottom of the league in sacks and near the bottom of the league in pass defense for a majority of the year. Big picture...we sucked.

He was pretty weak in run defense....consistently overrunning the ball carrier and leaving the gap he was responsible for due to his aggressiveness.

active in fa is a joke. tate and ihedigbo makes you "active in FA?" lmao

hurries that lead to what picks?...we sucked ass at causing turnovers last year...mainly because the dline was awful at getting to the qb.

Whole picture? If suh was eating all these doubles than fairley ansah and the rest of the dline should be teeing off on the qb. But they weren't.....and we were near the bottom of the league in sacks and near the bottom of the league in pass defense for a majority of the year. Big picture...we sucked.

He was pretty weak in run defense....consistently overrunning the ball carrier and leaving the gap he was responsible for due to his aggressiveness.

Levy can thank Suh for all those picks. We had 15 picks on the year. The fumble recoveries is where we lacked. Bad luck on recoveries.

They were middle of the pack in pass defense in comp %, TDs allowed, QB rating and picks. Houston and Bentley hurt didn't help that and Slays rookie growing pains. Lions were top 5 in total pressure. They have a good pass rush and Suh is the leader.

And Suh was good in run defense. Your assessment of his run defense is what is weak. Suh was 13th ranked agains the run of all DTs. 2nd in pass rush. He's a damn stud.

Last edited:
Levy can thank Suh for all those picks. We had 15 picks on the year. The fumble recoveries is where we lacked. Bad luck on recoveries.

They were middle of the pack in pass defense in comp %, TDs allowed, QB rating and picks. Houston and Bentley hurt didn't help that and Slays rookie growing pains. Lions were top 5 in total pressure. They have a good pass rush and Suh is the leader.

And Suh was good in run defense. Your assessment of his run defense is what is weak. Suh was 13th ranked agains the run of all DTs. 2nd in pass rush. He's a damn stud.

We were tired for 17th that's below average. Was that bad luck too or is 17th considered above average?

We were tired for 17th that's below average. Was that bad luck too or is 17th considered above average?

Just LKPs way of not only settling for mediocrity but also legitimizing it by irrelevent stats and saying how itll be better in the future. Suhs numbers were no where close to other guys that make as much as him on the dline. But people continue to make excuses for him the same way they do Stafford. God forbid someone other than CJ actually lives up to what hes worth.

Just LKPs way of not only settling for mediocrity but also legitimizing it by irrelevent stats and saying how itll be better in the future. Suhs numbers were no where close to other guys that make as much as him on the dline. But people continue to make excuses for him the same way they do Stafford. God forbid someone other than CJ actually lives up to what hes worth.

Yes they were. Hits hurries and run d all comparable to de and olb. Dts sacks are tougher to get

Yes they were. Hits hurries and run d all comparable to de and olb. Dts sacks are tougher to get

Hits, hurries which equated not not much of anything via turnovers....leme guess....bad luck?

Run D...im sure theres stats out there that say hes ok on run D. But im not going to bother looking them up cause I don't really care. If hes paid like a superstar you better show me more than hits and hurries and run D lmao.

Last edited:

Suh is a beast - an all pro, can't complain. Ansah took advantage of some 1 v 1s, 8 sacks missing time and rotating is nothing to sneeze at, he has to keep trending up. The other guys Fairley et al we can criticize...they should have produced more... but a crappy secondary certainly doesn't help matters as the difference between a hit and a sack can be a half step in coverage.

Suh is acting like a bit of a bitch not showing up to voluntary workouts (even though they are voluntary he's a captain, new staff, contract year). I can see him leaving next year, unless they are really trying to play hardball with him which would be dumb since they have zero leverage.

Suh is a beast - an all pro, can't complain. Ansah took advantage of some 1 v 1s, 8 sacks missing time and rotating is nothing to sneeze at, he has to keep trending up. The other guys Fairley et al we can criticize...they should have produced more... but a crappy secondary certainly doesn't help matters as the difference between a hit and a sack can be a half step in coverage.

Suh is acting like a bit of a bitch not showing up to voluntary workouts (even though they are voluntary he's a captain, new staff, contract year). I can see him leaving next year, unless they are really trying to play hardball with him which would be dumb since they have zero leverage.

hes a beast no doubt....but I can find people with his stats that make 10s of millions of dollars less than him.

Back