Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Suh Negotiations

And really the market is based on Atkins which Suh compares too well. 11 million per he got. That was last year for Atkins. Cap went up so make it 12 million per. And then if Suh is a dick in negotiations 13-14 million per. Lions can handle up to 14 million per.

he isnt worth 14.

he isnt worth 14.

Depends how they replace him. If you lose him with only a comp pick in 2016 and fail to replace him, the Lions will be screwed. is that worth 14 million per year?

Drafts are happening regardless and Lions can be active in free agency even at 14 million per year for him. If Jones/Houston dont perform in 2014 that is 6.3 million in room they can get next year. If it costs 14 million per to keep your talent it might be worth it. Suh is a known commodity to produce and worth at least 12 million per. I'd say maybe 13. I agree 14 is an overpay but may be necessary for Detroit.

MAN, I gotta give it to you...you are damn good at twisting shit. OFCOURSE he is high on the list of hits and hurries when you don't actually GET to the qb. He is SIXTY SECOND...leme say it again....62nd in sacks last year. 10 DTs finished higher than him in sacks. So secretly hiding actual info when you write your BS posts might fool some people into thinking you use "Actual data" to argue your cases....but in reality you just always hide the real info and use facts that only benefit your argument. So yes, you are correct.....Suh is very very good at hits and hurries...which is to be expected when youre not actually sacking the qb lol....duh. Throwing in the BS argument that DTS don't get sacks is absurd when he had 3-4 DTs on the total sack charts higher than him. Now THAT is a position that isn't supposed to get sacks....and some no namer from NE that only played a partial year got more sacks than suh got. Theres no excuse for that if you are an "all pro" that is negotiating to be the highet paid player at his position.

Constantly you reward people on this team for mediocrity. A "hurry" is translated into you were late getting there or too slow to get there.

No, that's not what a hurry is. It's an ACTUAL stat whether your peabrain wants to register it or not. It's not always just about the sack. Sacks are pretty and chicks like you "dig em" but it's not the end all be all. And the whole planet recognizes Suh as one of the best if not thee best DT in the game today. He deserves the money....

Hits and hurries are very important. They cause turnovers and incompletions. Your football assessment is lacking if you disagree. Sacks are tough for a DT. Suh was the 2nd highest rated DT in terms of pressure overall. He's a stud. Plus good agains the run and requires doubles.

they didn't cause turnovers and incompletions....we sucked at causing turnovers and incompletions. 15 INTs??? You cant say hurries cause turnovers when they didn't cause turnovers. he had 1 forced fumble....whoopidy dooo...

Last edited:
Are you saying Suh is mediocre?

Did you read anything I wrote? If you did youd see on several occasions that I agree hes a "beast" but the argument can be made he had a very mediocre year last year. Other than excelling at hits and hurries (which are debatable in importance when they don't cause anything good for your football team) he didn't make very many tackles, he didn't make very many tackles behind the LOS, he was 62nd in sacks, he was 10th in sacks at the dt position. Now if hes getting all the attention and everyone else was getting the numbers....then id take that argument.....but no one else had any sacks either and our pass defense sucked ass. Now since LKP says how awesome our dline is, than that means that couldn't be the case or else their production would show it.

When your team is made of 3 mega contracts and no depth....and 2 of the mega deals dont play up to their money....then youre fucked as a football franchise.

So if youre going to disagree with my statement id like you to point to how exactly he had a monster year? Cause whatever he did the bottom line was still: a) the dline didn't get to the qb enough and b) the pass defense suffered because of it.

Last edited:
I don't even understand why this is a discussion at this point.

#1 there is no new playbook being installed yet. Coaches are not allowed during these voluntary workouts to begin teaching the new playbook. Thats part of the new bargaining agreement. These workouts are strictly for getting players into shape and prepared for real workouts later.

#2 Suh has never attended these workouts. He always works out privately back home in Portland and has never shown up fro camp out of shape yet. His coaches, all the way back to college, have raved about the condition he shows up in for workouts.

The guy is doing nothing different than he normally does, and they are not learning the playbook yet. Each player may have a copy of the playbook, I am not sure about that, but at this time this is stretching, conditioning, etc... They are doing NOTHING football related yet, other than making sure the body stays limber so no one gets a soft tissue injury when football practices begin.

Unless Suh does something out of character and shows up to camp looking like Fairley... or worse.. Big Mike Williams... this is a non-issue.

Ink, they are beginning to install the new playbook.
?Guys are doing a great job. They?re taking responsibility. They have to own this offense, and they?re doing a good job of starting that. By now means are we anywhere close to owning the whole thing. We?re just installing little tidbits of base stuff, but guys are working and trying to put their best foot forward.? -Stafford

You might of been thinking of the past 2 weeks:
"For all the players, the minicamp practices are a welcome change from the offseason workout routine. The Lions spent the previous two weeks doing conditioning drills, with some work on the field without the supervision of coaches."

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/oh...-offense/96e14dc9-1d93-465c-83bc-ba5d1a593b34

No, that's not what a hurry is. It's an ACTUAL stat whether your peabrain wants to register it or not. It's not always just about the sack. Sacks are pretty and chicks like you "dig em" but it's not the end all be all. And the whole planet recognizes Suh as one of the best if not thee best DT in the game today. He deserves the money....

I know its hard for you to understand. But youre not allowed to argue that Hurries are important if youre arguing sacks aren't important. Hurry is a direct result of NOT getting a sack. So by your argument...youre saying its important to not get there but it isn't important at all to actually get there. effin canadian logic if I ever heard one!

Last edited:
Did you read anything I wrote? If you did youd see on several occasions that I agree hes a "beast" but the argument can be made he had a very mediocre year last year. Other than excelling at hits and hurries (which are debatable in importance when they don't cause anything good for your football team) he didn't make very many tackles, he didn't make very many tackles behind the LOS, he was 62nd in sacks, he was 10th in sacks at the dt position. Now if hes getting all the attention and everyone else was getting the numbers....then id take that argument.....but no one else had any sacks either and our pass defense sucked ass. Now since LKP says how awesome our dline is, than that means that couldn't be the case or else their production would show it.

When your team is made of 3 mega contracts and no depth....and 2 of the mega deals dont play up to their money....then youre fucked as a football franchise.

So if youre going to disagree with my statement id like you to point to how exactly he had a monster year? Cause whatever he did the bottom line was still: a) the dline didn't get to the qb enough and b) the pass defense suffered because of it.

Suh also caused several of Levy's interceptions this year. And that would've only been recorded as a hurry or QB hit, not a sack. So in my opinion it's a little dumb to say he had a mediocre year. He was still one of the top DTs in football and saying that he didn't play up to his 12 mil per year contract is also dumb because he's worth around 11 or 12 mil and he had no control over his rookie contract when he was picked at #2.

Suh also caused several of Levy's interceptions this year. And that would've only been recorded as a hurry or QB hit, not a sack. So in my opinion it's a little dumb to say he had a mediocre year. He was still one of the top DTs in football and saying that he didn't play up to his 12 mil per year contract is also dumb because he's worth around 11 or 12 mil and he had no control over his rookie contract when he was picked at #2.

I agree a couple of his hurries probably caused a couple levy picks. So 5 sacks 40 tackles and causing 2 picks isnt mediocre for suh and his expectations? Cause i can point to alot of people that had multiple strip sacks....thats already better than causing 2 picks.

Not just hurries. Qb hits and run defense too. And doubles. He is worth 12 per

I know its hard for you to understand. But youre not allowed to argue that Hurries are important if youre arguing sacks aren't important. Hurry is a direct result of NOT getting a sack. So by your argument...youre saying its important to not get there but it isn't important at all to actually get there. effin canadian logic if I ever heard one!

BOTH are important, you dolt, but stop discrediting hurries like they mean nothing. You're so fn dumb that you think that i'm arguing a hurry is more important than a sack. That's fn priceless lmao. All i'm saying is that Suh does his job and does it in beastmode with 2 guys on him 99% of the time. Only an idiot would argue and that's what you are.

You fn hillbilly's have no intelligent response to this argument so you attack my country!! It's like clockwork with you dumb fucks....going back to the ESPN boards ....but but but but CCCCCCANADA!! Fn pathetic.

Actually, the argument can't be made he had a mediocre year because he was a Pro Bowler, 1st team ALL PRO and labeled one of the most FEARED players in the NFL. There is no argument......zilch....nada....none....no......uhuh.....nope......not even close. Get your peanut head outta your ass, son.

Last edited:
BOTH are important, you dolt, but stop discrediting hurries like they mean nothing. You're so fn dumb that you think that i'm arguing a hurry is more important than a sack. That's fn priceless lmao. All i'm saying is that Suh does his job and does it in beastmode with 2 guys on him 99% of the time. Only an idiot would argue and that's what you are.

You fn hillbilly's have no intelligent response to this argument so you attack my country!! It's like clockwork with you dumb fucks....going back to the ESPN boards ....but but but but CCCCCCANADA!! Fn pathetic.

my bad. 5.5 sacks 40 tackles....fucking AWESOME. Heres 14 mil....do it again please! OUr dline is awesome. OUr pass D is awesome!!!!!! YAYYY!!!!! fuck ya....7 wins!!! WOOot!

my bad. 5.5 sacks 40 tackles....fucking AWESOME. Heres 14 mil....do it again please! OUr dline is awesome. OUr pass D is awesome!!!!!! YAYYY!!!!! fuck ya....7 wins!!! WOOot!

QB hits (top 10 for DEs/top 3 OLBs), hurries (top DE/2nd OLB), double teams galore and good run defense. Factor that in too. He's had bigger sack seasons too. I've seen Clay Matthews have 6 sacks in a season but get 13 million per. Only looking at 2013 is dumb too hughes.

And recognized by the media, fans (except you of course), and players as an absolute beast of a player. Pro Bowl every year, All Pro honors every year.

Anything else? Oh wait, you're putting 7 wins on Suh. You're blaming our DLine woes on Suh. You're blaming our passrush strictly on Suh too. Buddy, you're delusional. He does his job, he's doubleteamed the whole game!!!! Again, if you had even a smidgen of football intelligence you would know this but unfortunately you don't. Guys like Ansah, Jones, Taylor and Fairley need to get on their horse.

Last edited:
QB hits (top 10 for DEs/top 3 OLBs), hurries (top DE/2nd OLB), double teams galore and good run defense. Factor that in too. He's had bigger sack seasons too. I've seen Clay Matthews have 6 sacks in a season but get 13 million per. Only looking at 2013 is dumb too hughes.

He doesn't understand the game. Too difficult to comprehend....funny and sad at the same time.

He doesn't understand the game. Too difficult to comprehend....funny and sad at the same time.

He's just very narrow in his approach. Only looking at 2013 and sacks/tackles. Suh has 10 and 8 sack year in there too. DTs aren't big tackle guys, they clear things up for the LBs. I think he knows that, he just doesn't want to say he was proven wrong. Oh well.

And him hating on Suh shows what kind of biased warped Lions fan he really is. Hughes, Chargers fan. Go for it.

Last edited:
Back