Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Suh Negotiations

You have no clue what he was offered. Pats were interested but he resigned before free agency opened in 2013. He produced in 2011/2012 so lucky to get him back. He will produce in 2014

like you predicted broyles and fox to produce in 2013?

I know many will not agree but I am soooo sick of Suh. He is just a bad teammate. Plain and simple. He only cares about himself, the Lions need to tell him plain and simply, start showing up, get a contract signed or see ya later!!! The guy is a piece of garbage and they should throw him out like garbage.

I know many will not agree but I am soooo sick of Suh. He is just a bad teammate. Plain and simple. He only cares about himself, the Lions need to tell him plain and simply, start showing up, get a contract signed or see ya later!!! The guy is a piece of garbage and they should throw him out like garbage.

did he molest you in the locker room? Maybe you should take it up with the NFL front office and tell them to make the VOLUNTARY workouts mandatory cause you said.

Last edited:
did he molest you in the locker room? Maybe you should take it up with the NFL front office and tell them to make the VOLUNTARY workouts mandatory cause you said.

The minicamp practices that they started today aren't mandatory, but you don't care that Suh isn't there? We have a brand new coaching staff installing new schemes and Suh is supposed to be one of the leaders of the team. To me that's showing that he either doesn't want to be a leader of the team, or he wants to get out of Detroit. A leader should be there to help the new coaches and lead by example.

The minicamp practices that they started today aren't mandatory, but you don't care that Suh isn't there? We have a brand new coaching staff installing new schemes and Suh is supposed to be one of the leaders of the team. To me that's showing that he either doesn't want to be a leader of the team, or he wants to get out of Detroit. A leader should be there to help the new coaches and lead by example.

I agree. It bothers me a bit.

I don't even understand why this is a discussion at this point.

#1 there is no new playbook being installed yet. Coaches are not allowed during these voluntary workouts to begin teaching the new playbook. Thats part of the new bargaining agreement. These workouts are strictly for getting players into shape and prepared for real workouts later.

#2 Suh has never attended these workouts. He always works out privately back home in Portland and has never shown up fro camp out of shape yet. His coaches, all the way back to college, have raved about the condition he shows up in for workouts.

The guy is doing nothing different than he normally does, and they are not learning the playbook yet. Each player may have a copy of the playbook, I am not sure about that, but at this time this is stretching, conditioning, etc... They are doing NOTHING football related yet, other than making sure the body stays limber so no one gets a soft tissue injury when football practices begin.

Unless Suh does something out of character and shows up to camp looking like Fairley... or worse.. Big Mike Williams... this is a non-issue.

If number one is true that's the dumbest rule ever. Have NFL players gotten that lazy? Can't learn a fkn play book?

Last edited:
Definetly not a non issue. These camps are also about team building, comradary etc. It shows a total lack of TEAM commitment. Suh is not lazy, he will be in shape but that is not the point. The point is this TEAM does not win, why is that? For one they don't play like a team! The reason they don't play like a team is because they have some players like Suh who is supposed to be a captain and a leader. If this is leadership then the Lions have zero chance.

If number one is true that's the dumbest rule ever. Have NFL players gotten that lazy? Can't learn a fkn play book?

You would be shocked at the changes to training in the new CBA. I mean, this is just one little example in a huge pool.

new coach....youre team leaders should be there. Has nothing to do with playbooks or being in shape or not in my opinion. Why you ask? Cause on every media outlet youre now a main story. Its bringing negative light to a player that's already viewed negatively. Even if he simply viewed this as a PR move to turn a new leaf at a time the organization is turning the page on a new coaching staff....would have been a good opportunity....and he passed it up. As of late he has talked about trying to change the perception others have of him... this paints the same douchy picture we will always have of donkeykong suh.

Last edited:
Let Suh do his preparation alone that has worked in the past where he is ready for training camp. Let him sign his contact. Then when August rolls around Tulloch and Glover Quin are your team defensive captains. Suh doesn't need to be a captain and is too quiet to be a captain. We have coaches to teach the young guys, it's not Suh's job. Fairley and Mosely and Fluellen are vets anyway.

Media is making a big deal. They are the douches.

Let Suh do his preparation alone that has worked in the past where he is ready for training camp. Let him sign his contact. Then when August rolls around Tulloch and Glover Quin are your team defensive captains. Suh doesn't need to be a captain and is too quiet to be a captain. We have coaches to teach the young guys, it's not Suh's job. Fairley and Mosely and Fluellen are vets anyway.

so are u

he sucked last year....

Back