Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2021 Free Agency and Cap Cuts

Lions restructure Jamie Collins. Shift to 2022 and some extra void years. 5 million more in room and Collins here to stay 2021 and 2022 possibly

Lions restructure Jamie Collins. Shift to 2022 and some extra void years. 5 million more in room and Collins here to stay 2021 and 2022 possibly

Not a horrible move. Even if we cut him next year we still will save a good bit of cap. Plus it’s not unreasonable for him to stay in 2022 if he plays well this year. Spotrac has us with just under 10mil in space with the top 51. Can still create another 23mil I believe with the cuts we discussed before. Even if we tag Golladay, that will still leave us with 17-18mil in cap room for free agency. We still have the two 1.25mil veteran exception for resigning. I think we are going to be in good shape if we tag Golladay and can relieve a lot more space by signing him long term.

Last edited:
Not a horrible move. Even if we cut him next year we still will save a good bit of cap. Plus it?s not unreasonable for him to stay in 2022 if he plays well this year. Spotrac has us with just under 10mil in space with the top 51. Can still create another 23mil I believe with the cuts we discussed before. Even if we tag Golladay, that will still leave us with 17-18mil in cap room for free agency. We still have the two 1.25mil veteran exception for resigning. I think we are going to be in good shape if we tag Golladay and can relieve a lot more space by signing him long term.

Still don?t know if having Golladay on this team is the right move. I?m cool with tagging him.....but if someone offers a 2 I take it. I?m not sure he can be successful with THIS team.

He could play 16 games next year and have 800 yards and 4 TD and it might have nothing to do with him.

Don't they only have a couple more days to tag Golladay what's he hold up? I don't really care if he gets tagged but I thought it was a certainty.

Don't they only have a couple more days to tag Golladay what's he hold up? I don't really care if he gets tagged but I thought it was a certainty.

I think they want a tag and trade. If not I don?t think it makes sense to tag him. It?s a lot of money for one year when we won?t be competitive.

March 9 tuesday

Nfl is deadline busineess. Only one tag so far. Justin Simmons

Last edited:

Maybe they are trying to work out a long term deal? Either way listening to Brad Holmes the other day it sounded like they were going to use all the time they had.

Emmanuel Sanders cut. 34 years old now but would only be in the 6-8 mil range. Decent Plan B if we end up still having a glaring hole at WR after the draft.

Jessie James cut for 2.14 million
9 million coleman on june 2. Part for the rookie class signing

Purge continues

So who was worse? Matt Millen or Bob 'the Eskimo' Quinn.

I'm going to say Quinn because if Quinn had set the team up for a proper 0-16 record last year the Lions would have TL with the #1 pick and nearly all Lions fans would be very excited about the future...even if the Stafford for Goff trade still proceeded as it did. Having TL on the bench behind Goff in 2021 would be a great option.

Alas, Quinn fucked it up despite trying very hard by creating a D that gave up more points than Millen's final D.

it was very millenesque not to realize he didnt have a meaningful pass rush that can impact the other teams passing game in any way. And not do anything about it prior to last year.

I'm going to say Quinn because if Quinn had set the team up for a proper 0-16 record last year the Lions would have TL with the #1 pick and nearly all Lions fans would be very excited about the future...even if the Stafford for Goff trade still proceeded as it did. Having TL on the bench behind Goff in 2021 would be a great option.

Alas, Quinn fucked it up despite trying very hard by creating a D that gave up more points than Millen's final D.

Lol why would he set up an 0 16 team with a playoff mandate by ownership

it was very millenesque not to realize he didnt have a meaningful pass rush that can impact the other teams passing game in any way. And not do anything about it prior to last year.

Julian Okwara and Nick Williams was his attempt..trade.for griffen..and faith in okwara and flowers. Flowers got hurt

He did many things. All but r okwara for failed

Julian Okwara and Nick Williams was his attempt..trade.for griffen..and faith in okwara and flowers. Flowers got hurt

He did many things. All but r okwara for failed

Julian and Nick Williams...a 3rd rd pick and a never was....thats my point. If thats your plan its a dumb plan.

Julian and Nick Williams...a 3rd rd pick and a never was....thats my point. If thats your plan its a dumb plan.

Flowers and Okwara though. Need compliments not studs..plus no blitzing and stupid scheme..

We could have taken best pass rusher last draft. Would not have mattered

Flowers and Okwara though. Need compliments not studs..plus no blitzing and stupid scheme..

We could have taken best pass rusher last draft. Would not have mattered

Chase Young wins 1 v 1. Thats helps every scheme. Nick Williams wins never.

Back