Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 5: Bills @ Lions Thread

Yup caldwell blows. 3rd down with 40+ secs left. Lets take 1 sec and throw an incomplete pass without even throwing near the 1st down marker. Smart....kicker troubles....lets settle for a 50 yarder to win it.

True, they should have been in more control. Run the ball with Winn would have been smarter, but they were trying to get closer. I don't think they were trying to "settle" for a 50 yg FG. You don't have a choice right there, you have to kick it. You have to try and win the game.

They tried a WR screen. That is usually easy 3-4 yards at least. But it got tipped.

Tony, will Stafford ever have a bad game in your eyes? Because what I saw, and most people on this board saw was a guy who held onto the ball too long, missed a lot of easy throws, and made pretty poor decisions all day. He was lucky that he didn't have two more turnovers with those fumbles.

The defense gave up 300 yards to the worst passing offense in the league WITH a backup QB at the helm.

They shot themselves in the foot with some dumb penalties.

But nah. Just the kicker. It cracks me up how you will constantly beat the drum that this is a team game to defend your boy Stafford, but this time, just the kicker. Makes sense.

Last edited:
Tony, will Stafford ever have a bad game in your eyes? Because what I saw, and most people on this board saw was a guy who held onto the ball too long, missed a lot of easy throws, and made pretty poor decisions all day. He was lucky that he didn't have two more turnovers with those fumbles.

The defense gave up 300 yards to the worst passing offense in the league WITH a backup QB at the helm.

They shot themselves in the foot with some dumb penalties.

But nah. Just the kicker. It cracks me up how you will constantly beat the drum that this is a team game to defend your boy Stafford, but this time, just the kicker. Cracks me up.

Do you know how to read, retard? I said Stafford had a bad game lol. We lost this game by 3 points!! Do the math, dummy. If we had a kicker, this game is won. So throw out numbers all day at everybody. 300 yds agaibst the D, Stafford threw for 200, rushed for 100 ...blahblahblah. They were winning the entire game, but our fucking piece of shit kicker MISSED 3 FGS. Smarten the fuck up

Bad game overall, but when you can't hit FGS, you're never going to win. EVER!

The offense started on their side of the field at least twice and turned it into 0 points. That is pathetic.

Yes there we kicks missed from 44, 47, 50. This team was suppose to be an offensive juggernaut.
Stafford did nothing to help this team win, not what you want from your franchise QB. Sorry when you are suppose to be a leader and a top QB you are held to a higher standard than a kicker signed off the street a week before.

There is plenty of blame to go around. Coaching, kicking, offense. We didn't lose only because of a kicker.

Doesn't work that way, and I never understood why people cannot figure that out. The entire complexion of the game changes with every snap. Who's to say that if Henery makes that FG to put them up 17-3, that Buffalo doesn't come back and score a TD and it motivates them to play harder? Everything changes.

You can't use the logic that the Lions lost by 3, so three missed field goals would win. If Henery makes the first, he may not have had an opportunity to kick another the entire game because EVERYTHING CHANGES. Sports and life are not some static thing that you can say, "Oh, if X happened, Y would have resulted."

I'll break it down for you another way so you can keep up. Cabrera thrown out at home the other day. Instead of being 6-3 with no outs, it's 6-3 with one out. The next batter would have responded completely different, and the Tigers could have gone on to score 3, 4 more runs.

I love how you set it up so you can play both sides. "Stafford didn't have a good game, but he wasn't part of the reason why we lost..." That makes about as much sense as a rhubarb flavored sucker. If your quarterback has a bad game... Uhh... Do the math.

Last edited:
Stafford did plenty to help them win too. Again this is without Calvin or a run game or protection. The pick was really really bad though with no pressure starting in Bills territory.

Oline, penalties (not Stafford) and the kicker was the real problem. Stafford a much lesser problem. You ever think he holds onto the ball because nobody is open? It would be picked and you be bashing even worse. 1 sack was Stafford faults, 5 weren't.

The offense started on their side of the field at least twice and turned it into 0 points. That is pathetic.

Yes there we kicks missed from 44, 47, 50. This team was suppose to be an offensive juggernaut.
Stafford did nothing to help this team win, not what you want from your franchise QB. Sorry when you are suppose to be a leader and a top QB you are held to a higher standard than a kicker signed off the street a week before.

There is plenty of blame to go around. Coaching, kicking, offense. We didn't lose only because of a kicker.

Stafford wasn't good, but you say he did nothing to help this team win. Fine. He also didn't contribute to losing the game either. Goes both ways. We lost by 3 points...our kicker missed 3 makeable FGS....this loss is on the kicker.....give me a break.

How can someone not contribute to the losing if he didn't have a good game??? Are we in bizarro world here??

Bad game overall, but when you can't hit FGS, you're never going to win. EVER!

A TD is worth two field goals. Pretty sure Denver still beats Arizona without their field goals this week. San Diego still beats Jets.

What you should of said is when your team relies on field goals to win, You're never going to win. EVER!

How can someone not contribute to the losing if he didn't have a good game??? Are we in bizarro world here??

18 completions. 13 incomplete (4 drops, 1 throw away). Tons of pressure on him all game including 6 sacks (tend to kill drives). Put us in position for 9 more points. 23 would be enough.

A TD is worth two field goals. Pretty sure Denver still beats Arizona without their field goals this week. San Diego still beats Jets.

What you should of said is when your team relies on field goals to win, You're never going to win. EVER!

Buffalo relied on 3 field goald including a very long one. They won.

And making at least one of those 3 for the Lions, should be a gimme in the NFL. But it wasn't somehow

Last edited:
Doesn't work that way, and I never understood why people cannot figure that out. The entire complexion of the game changes with every snap. Who's to say that if Henery makes that FG to put them up 17-3, that Buffalo doesn't come back and score a TD and it motivates them to play harder? Everything changes.

You can't use the logic that the Lions lost by 3, so three missed field goals would win. If Henery makes the first, he may not have had an opportunity to kick another the entire game because EVERYTHING CHANGES. Sports and life are not some static thing that you can say, "Oh, if X happened, Y would have resulted."

I'll break it down for you another way so you can keep up. Cabrera thrown out at home the other day. Instead of being 6-3 with no outs, it's 6-3 with one out. The next batter would have responded completely different, and the Tigers could have gone on to score 3, 4 more runs.

I love how you set it up so you can play both sides. "Stafford didn't have a good game, but he wasn't part of the reason why we lost..." That makes about as much sense as a rhubarb flavored sucker. If your quarterback has a bad game... Uhh... Do the math.

YES....it does work that way. We lost by 3 points, you moron. It's on the kicker and he 100% took the blame for the loss. And keep your stupid fucking analogies to yourself. Comparing a baseball play to leaving points on the field on a football field is not even remotely close to the same thing...lol. Nice try though

Q: Why are the the Lions receivers like a nun's legs?
A: They are never open.

Buffalo relied on 3 field goald including a very long one. They won.

And making at least one of those 3 for the Lions, should be a gimme in the NFL. But it wasn't somehow

You would almost say it was a...fluke?

51H9mCZPB-L._SL500_SS100_.jpg

I figured common sense and logic would be too much for you, so let's start simple and we'll work from there:

If Alex Henery would have made that first kick to put the Lions up 17-3, can you guarantee that he would have had two more kicks the rest of the 2nd half?

Any time you rely on a kicker to win you a game, you have more than enough problems.

This juggernaut of an offense couldn't hit 20 at home with a supposed elite offense. Where's your boy Ebron? What's he up to?

Back