Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 5: Bills @ Lions Thread

Bills carried Jim Schwartz off the field.

Should have carried Alex Henery off the damned field. We'd have let them too.

Lol. I'm surprised more DC haven't been carried off the field against us..

Ebron almost blocked a punt on that one non-play

I see ST Superstar in his future

But Stafford could have played just a little better lol....

He was awful today.

Kicker
Stafford
O-line
Lombardi

Order of why we lost..

If Matt wants to take the next step he has to over come and win a game like
today...

I'd put it.....

Kicker
Kicker
Kicker
O-line
Stafford
Lombardi

But I agree.....there were opportunities there. He has to get better. Unlike most here, I think he will. 5th game in a new O. With a K we'd be 4-1....there is no question about that.

We let one go today. That's a fact. Gotta get one back next week.

I'd put it.....

Kicker
Kicker
Kicker
O-line
Stafford
Lombardi

But I agree.....there were opportunities there. He has to get better. Unlike most here, I think he will. 5th game in a new O. With a K we'd be 4-1....there is no question about that.

We let one go today. That's a fact. Gotta get one back next week.

I agree but road wins are tough to come by with and with Calvin hurt I just don't know..

I agree but road wins are tough to come by with and with Calvin hurt I just don't know..

I hear.....what might make this year different is that we can bring a really good D with us on road games.

That's going to keep games close. Time for Fuller to play some ball and the O-line to step the fuck up. They have been bad.

Lombardi too.

I think we have to agree though.. Tate is the man. Championship pedigree. Sucks to lose because of something as simple as a kicker....

I think we have to agree though.. Tate is the man. Championship pedigree. Sucks to lose because of something as simple as a kicker....

Tate is the real deal. His hands and YAC are All-World. Great signing by Mayhew.

We lost this football game for one reason and one reason only. Our kicker....end of story.

We lost this football game for one reason and one reason only. Our kicker....end of story.

And despite all those misses we were still in position to win if Matt and Lombardi, and the offense had played better.. If Matt wants to be elite he has to over come injuries to other players missed FG's poor coaching ect.. He is the leader of this team and he looked loss again without Johnson... Not all on him but he has to deliver... The defense got torched in the second half By Kyle freaking Orton.... Ridicules... Cadwells poor clock management .

Heck we all knew that kid was going to miss the FG...

Matt has enough other players then CJ and the bills pass defense is not good.

Heck even the Bill's defenders were saying in after CJ went down Stafford was lost
out there and other went to Tate mostly...

Last edited:
Our defense has scored 2 td's and a safety so far this year??? That means the offense is only averaging 16.6 points per game. Even if you keep the defensive scores we are only averaging 19.8 points per game.

Obviously injuries and the absolute disaster of a kicking game contributes to that but we can't expect to keep winning if we can't punch it in the end zone...even with the great defense.

I just read in the Detroit news somewhere they are criticizing the coaching a bit... They should not have let Buffalo even have a shot a wining FG before possible OT.. Just poor clock management completely.....

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...offensive-line-surrenders-six-sacks/16784635/

Yup caldwell blows. 3rd down with 40+ secs left. Lets take 1 sec and throw an incomplete pass without even throwing near the 1st down marker. Smart....kicker troubles....lets settle for a 50 yarder to win it.

Last edited:
Yup caldwell blows. 3rd down with 40+ secs left. Lets take 1 sec and throw an incomplete pass without even throwing near the 1st down marker. Smart....kicker troubles....lets settle for a 50 yarder to win it.

When he already missed two. One of which was just an ugly kick

Even 5-7-10 yards may have made a difference on that last kick.. could have run straight ahead and run some clock in the process. They were to much in a hurry... Lack of leadership on and off the field...Caldwell needs to be better with the clock..

Even 5-7-10 yards may have made a difference on that last kick.. could have run straight ahead and run some clock in the process. They were to much in a hurry... Lack of leadership on and off the field...Caldwell needs to be better with the clock..

That out route on the final drive to Broyles that Stafford threw to the ground (while under no pressure) reminded me of Harrington. That specific play will be my recurring nightmare until they play again. We all know he can make that fucking throw, which makes it that much more infuriating that he completely missed his target.

Usually for you it's everyone is at fault when Matt is the talk of the forum. But today it's just the K. Sure, if we make kicks we win..but if Matt played better maybe the kicks don't matter. Lots to blame here today..

offense scored 7 points. If the shitty kicker makes all 3 kicks then the offense scores 16 points. aka...the offense would still be shitty as fuck.

Usually for you it's everyone is at fault when Matt is the talk of the forum. But today it's just the K. Sure, if we make kicks we win..but if Matt played better maybe the kicks don't matter. Lots to blame here today..

It is the kicker. He was brutal. We lost this game because of our kicker and nobody else. Stafford did not have a good game, but he wasn't part of the reason why we lost. Lots to blame here?? Get your fucking head out of your ass. The kicker is to blame ....that's it!!

Back