Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rule changes, work stoppage, Offseason changes, Pitch Clock, New Uniforms

https://totallytigers.wordpress.com/2021/12/11/deeper-discussions-11/
DEEPER DISCUSSIONS.
Totally Tigers

MLB is going into its second year exploring how to make the game better and more exciting. One of the biggest issues concerns the length of games and pace of play.

One idea that is being discussed revolves around pitching. Multiple pitching changes, especially in the later innings, is a root cause of both issues listed above.

Through the 2021 season, teams were able to have as many pitchers on their roster as they wanted. Most teams had between 12 ? 15. These numbers could vary throughout the year.

Going into the 2022 season, MLB is limiting teams to a maximum of 13 hurlers. But they are also continuing to explore reducing those number even further to 11-12.

It is believed that by having fewer pitchers, teams will make fewer pitching changes during games.

It will put more stress on roster building and possibly impact the type of relievers teams sign. It may also impact organizations which are experiencing different situations with their starting pitching rotation.

Should teams be able to stay at the 13-pitcher limit or should their arms be reduced even more for the sake of the game?

Today?s blog addresses this dilemma and allows readers to share their thoughts in more detail. And hopefully, to actively engage with others by responding to their posts and creating back-and-forth discussion threads. The more the merrier!

For this one blog only, you?ve got 10 sentences max to share your thoughts. Of course, you can respond to as many other readers as you want.

TT will supply the ammunition. One thought-provoking question. Several options provided. One hard choice to be selected. One vote.

Ready?

How many pitchers should a team have on its active roster?

1. Current 13 pitcher maximum.

2. Proposed plan for 11-12 pitchers.

VOTE

https://www.podpage.com/tigers-srd-a-detroit-tigers-mlb-podcast/episode-413-the-lockout-blues/
Tigers SRD Podcast: Episode 413: The Lockout Blues. 71 minutes.

Show Notes:
Chris, Rogelio, and Yooper talk about the 1967 Detroit Tigers, the crumbs of baseball news, and the two newest arms in the minor league system.

Buy anything from the Tigers Minor League Store from now until January 1st and get free shipping with the code "Winter21" and all of the proceeds will go back to helping the minor leaguers keep a steady income going until the end of the season.

pretty good article. That said, did Rosenthal think that he wasn't going to get fired for ripping on his boss just because he did it somewhere else?

I will never know because after the 2006 World Series when he and buster shithead olney kept calling Justin Verlander "Jason", I tore into both of them and got blocked by each on twitter.

That said, I think he didn't care with his gig at The Athletic. Pure speculation.

I will never know because after the 2006 World Series when he and buster shithead olney kept calling Justin Verlander "Jason", I tore into both of them and got blocked by each on twitter.

That said, I think he didn't care with his gig at The Athletic. Pure speculation.

Jason...really? WTF? He was only rookie of the year on a WS team. Those clowns should have at least known his first name

Back