Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rule changes, work stoppage, Offseason changes, Pitch Clock, New Uniforms

On minimum salary that MLBPA proposed today: First year of the CBA remains $775,000. Each subsequent year, it goes up by $30,000 now, instead of $25,000 previously. So it?s now:

2022: 775k
2023: 805k
2024: 835k
2025: 865k
2026: 895k

sounds bad..but its not bad..my rough guess that costs 0.4M per team..and covers 47% of players..small cost..huge impact..now thats a very rough guestimate..don't ya think that issue help more players than any other

MLB is clear on this point: If there isn?t a deal by Monday, games will be cancelled and will not be made up. The season will be less than 162 games and players will not be paid for a full season, no matter what.

Guess what evil owners it?s been your plan to punt April since last Nov.. don?t blame the players.

MGorosh

I don't know if the MLBPA is really interested in negotiating. They raised their proposal from $110M to $115M for the bonus pool in a "counter offer" earlier in the negotiations. And now they are raising their own proposal for minimum salaries.

As the only MLB team that must open its books, the Atlanta Braves' financial info is eye-opening.

Last season, despite some attendance restrictions, the Braves reported $568 million in revenue and $104 million in profit.

MLB teams are making huge money.

Totally Tigers

The fuck stick aka Rob Manfred believed he could silence Ken Rosenthal by getting him removed from MLB TV. For such a smart man, Manfred made a bonehead move and now his arrogant decisions are only being magnified to the baseball world.

The path to an agreement is not that difficult, @Ken_Rosenthal writes.

Not a single regular-season MLB game should be lost.

Here?s what a deal between the union and the owners should look like now.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FMXfsypXMAYmrI8?format=jpg&name=medium

The fuck stick aka Rob Manfred believed he could silence Ken Rosenthal by getting him removed from MLB TV. For such a smart man, Manfred made a bonehead move and now his arrogant decisions are only being magnified to the baseball world.

The path to an agreement is not that difficult, @Ken_Rosenthal writes.

Not a single regular-season MLB game should be lost.

Here?s what a deal between the union and the owners should look like now.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FMXfsypXMAYmrI8?format=jpg&name=medium

I don't have access to the article, but with the headline that I was able to view, I'm sure it's unbiased. :lmao:

Last edited:
Major League Baseball has cancelled three more days of spring training games: March 5, 6, 7, spokesman says. The earliest spring training games can start, by MLB?s scheduling, is March 8. Of course, that?s contingent on getting a deal done by then, so more games could be canceled.

Only 31.4% of MLBPA members earn more than a million. 28.2% are minor leaguers on the 40-man roster earning $40,500.

Walker Buehler just happens to be one of the millionaires (bc he's great and he earned it). His career net worth is 0,002% of the average owner's.

Only 31.4% of MLBPA members earn more than a million. 28.2% are minor leaguers on the 40-man roster earning $40,500.

Walker Buehler just happens to be one of the millionaires (bc he's great and he earned it). His career net worth is 0,002% of the average owner's.

What they are not including are the signing bonuses that a good number of guys on the 40 man roster received, let alone the bonuses that guys that are not on the 40 man received that never contribute anything to the team.

Guys on the Tigers 40 that I could find the bonuses they already received.

Wentz $3M
Rodriguez $800K
Fadeo $3.5M
Clemens $600K
Cameron $4M

This is the most damage MLB owners have done to the game since 1994. They are actively trying to destroy a season to make, at this point, pennies on the dollar.

Owners initiated a lockout.
Owners chose not to negotiate for 42 days.
Owners chose to cancel ST games.
Owners set firm agreement deadline.
And guess who consistently denies and aren?t willing to make a good faith offer? Owners.

The owners were the ones who locked out the players in an attempt to get them to cave in. They?ve negotiated in bad faith this entire time, they don?t give a shit if there?s baseball or not & they don?t give a shit about the fans. They?re the ones to blame.

MLB remains intent on creating a much more rigid, de facto salary cap (that comes with no floor or $ guarantees). If MLB revenues continue their average 6% increase as they did from 2003-19, and they lock in more 0-1% CBT increases, MLB will get there.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FMjuQetXoAgKsa9?format=jpg&name=medium

Travis Sawchik

https://www.podpage.com/tigers-srd-...alk-with-chris-castellani-of-barstool-sports/
Tigers SRD Podcast Episode 424: MLB Lockout Talk with Chris Castellani of Barstool Sports. 92 minutes.

Show Notes:
Chris Castellani of Barstool Sports stops by to talk about the labor discussions and recaps the entire Juwan Howard saga. You can read Chris's article here.

Switched gears this week to talk about the upcoming the Batman movie with Chris and what he is looking forward to about it.

Chris Brown discusses the college bats that are off to a good start and we answer listener questions.

I think most fans are behind the players, but most of what the players want would not be in the best interest of small and mid market teams (like the Tigers). If the players get what they want it will be a huge benefit to large market teams.

I think most fans are behind the players, but most of what the players want would not be in the best interest of small and mid market teams (like the Tigers). If the players get what they want it will be a huge benefit to large market teams.

I've never been behind the players. They make so much already and we lose players early enough and now they want the arbitration so quickly and the option to test free agency in just a few years. Greater revenue share. They can all go bite it.

Back