Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 5: Bills @ Lions Thread

I think all this pressure on him has him playing a little scared as you can see on that sack play caused by Stafford

We know, any pressure causes Stafford to get distraut. Happy feet all year long last year with the oline protecting well. If only a few beers and a sedative were legal before games.

Last edited:
We know, any pressure causes Stafford to get distraut. Happy feet all year long last year with the oline protecting well.

Oline hasn't been protecting well is the point. This causes his happy feet when you are under pressure more than usual. 2013 Stafford would have thrown that ball to Ebron for sure. Stafford made up for it with a great throw on 3rd down but Tate got held by Roby on the route.

This is basically the opposite problem of last year. Holding on too long now as opposed to one read picks. We'll see how he learns and responds in Week 6.

Vikings, Saints, Falcons is a nice little easy defense schedule for Stafford at least.

Percy Harvin is a beast? Oh give me a freaking break. The guy was a very good player for Minnesota. He's not elite, and he's far from a beast. He's a bit player. Good slot guy, runs reverses, etc. Seattle does not have NEARLY the amount of firepower that Stafford has been given year after year. Best WR in the game, now he has an elite 2, RBs that catch the ball, and ANOTHER top 10 pick. Oh and by the way, the best defense statistically in the NFL through this part of the season.

The difference is that Wilson makes his players better. The Buffalo defenders were laughing at Stafford when he lost Megatron (not just me saying that, reported by multiple venues) because they knew he was screwed.

LOL "wish Stafford was so lucky". Unbelievable. They couldn't have given this guy more to work with. He's in his 6th year. If he doesn't make this offense elite, he's not the guy.

Harvin is a beast. He just can't stay healthy.

And where is all this firepower that Stafford has been giving all the years besides this year? The blocking TE in Pettigrew? Or is the all world Kris Durham? No wait, it's the journeyman Nate Burleson, right? Could be the journeyman Reggie Bush who can't stay healthy or it's the turnstyle Joique Bell who didn't amount to shit until he became a Lion. Ya, you're right...he's given ample amount of weapons. Don't forget Broyles and J. Ross either ...fucking studs lol. YOU give me the break. But Stafford hasn't made anyone relevant, right? He has only SHATTERED records with all those guys too. Does that mean Stafford made them better? Of course in your eyes the answer is no lol.

And I heard nothing about the Buffalo Bills laughing at Stafford because of CJ going down. Link? And Golden Tate torched them without Calvin so that makes zero sense. lol

I wish Stafford was so lucky...you're damn right! Wilson has had a topnotch D and a running game the second he stepped foot on Seattle soil. Detroit finally has a defense and you act like this is the norm...what a joke. Running game is brutal, OLine is shit, players can't stay healthy and you put it all on the QB...lol. You're fucking delusional

Last edited:
Russel Wilson has a good kicker too. Stafford gets a W with Hauscka kicking.

The final weapon Stafford needs is someone to throw the ball for him.

This great game, horrible game, ok game yoyo has gone on long enough.

Almost a 3rd of the way into the season and stafford is ranked back half of average. Again. Anyone surprised.

Lol.

If a great day for your 1st round pick is 2 catches for 8 yards, they would have been better off drafting a gopher with the 10th selection.

He has only SHATTERED records with all those guys too. Does that mean Stafford made them better? Of course in your eyes the answer is no lol.

What records has he Shattered?
Are you comparing him to only Lions players?

He hasn't had it that bad. Last year he had a very good running game and arguably the best pass protection in the league.

You shouldn't need everything around you to be great to be great yourself. Greatness roses above average, average goes to the level of those around him.

That's why I believe Stafford is average.

Stafford hasn't shattered shit, besides pass attempts in a season.

When the records you "shatter" were team records held by a QB from the 50's with a sub 50% completion rate and another QB that had 1 good season in 1995, it's really not that impressive. Even if you want it to be, it isn't.

97.1 is going to be a good listen today. Sounds like it's all about Stafford. Apparently he is 30th in the NFL in 4th quarter completion percentage. Bleh.

97.1 is going to be a good listen today. Sounds like it's all about Stafford. Apparently he is 30th in the NFL in 4th quarter completion percentage. Bleh.

Will be fun to listen to Valenti rip into the Lions. I always enjoy it after a loss.

2-28 vs teams that end up with a winning record?? That's just incredible.

Last edited:
That is what I just heard on the radio. 2-28 vs teams that end up with above a .500 record.

Back